Vertical CNC Bandsaw

Thread: Vertical CNC Bandsaw

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Vertical CNC Bandsaw

Has anyone ever built or purchased a vertical cnc bandsaw? I have googled a few videos but have yet to find any information. I have built a couple hobby routers and would like to build one. I am currently milling a single profile out of huge oak timbers and it would greatly decrease time if I could do a one pass profile with a bandsaw. Building or modifying an existing bandsaw shouldn't be an issue but unclear how to program the blade angle axis.

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by caseymx; 02-04-2019 at 01:21 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Vertical CNC Bandsaw

The commercial CNC Vertical band saws for wood have guides that rotate and twist the blade you would need to twist the blade tangent to your required cut profile and then move either the saw or material along the cut direction.If you are milling large timbers may I suggest mounting your band saw on casters and using it like a very large Jig saw while supporting your timber in a fixed position. I did this years ago to put decorative ends on some very large roof joists.not as much fun as designing and building your own new machine but maybe more practical.
    Cheers
    Karel