CarveWright machine

Thread: CarveWright machine

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default CarveWright machine

Has anyone used, seen or reviewed this machine?? I sent some sample pieces
    down to 'em (cherry, gnarly grained oak, and solid surface) so that I could actually feel them. I was quite impressed with the results! Now, should I depart with $2K for this item. I am new to "CNC" machining and know nothing but I did download their program (30 days) and it seemed easy. Let's have some input from you pro's out there.

Bruce

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up

Bruce: I just looked at the website for this machine, it looks interesting. I like the idea if you are just using it for a hobby. It doesn't look like it would withstand any abuse, but if you aren't planning as using as a production machine it may be worth it.... I just finished downloading the software and playing with it. I agree that it does seem very straight forward. One drawback is it's inability to import cad files but it sounds like they are working on that. I don't know what to tell you, it sounds and looks pretty good. You probably won't be making a lot of money with it( it sounds and looks like it is very slow) but if that isn't your aim I say go for it. Let me know how you like it if you do decide to buy it.

paul

Downloads
    Uploads

First time I've seen that, and it looks pretty cool. The downsidethat I see, is that its a bit small, and you're limited to using their software. But, it looks like you can easily do things with that software that would take quite a bit of skill to pull off in a CAD program. I'd also be concerned with how long the router motor will hold up, and how much it is to repair or replace it.

If you plan on using it as a learning tool, and then moving on to a larger router, not much of what you learn may transfer to another system, due to the proprietary software.

Before I spent my money, I'd at least read all the messages on their forum and see what the users have to say.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks guys!! I presently have 3 lasers I use in an engraving / cutting business, 1- 35W, 2- 25W CO2 systems. I thought perhaps I could incorporate this little machine and offer other venues?? It is small and I know it is slow from talking to others who already own it. Not many have been sold, perhaps 150? so I kind of feel it is still in it's "beta" stage. That wouldn't scare me as I have a great deal of experience in things mechanical. What caught my eye was the ease of the software (I'm old and have a slow learning curve ) They offer a 1 year warranty but only 200 hours on the motor, perhaps that's a typo and is really 2000 hrs- I'll check and ask more questions. I'll keep you posted. Bruce

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Unique application! I am interested. The only concern I would have would be the durability. For carving accuracy, I believe they stated the most finite was .006 step over (cusp) which should be more than adequate.
    I would consider buying on of these myself, however I am one that I want to see it first in person. My only caution would be that to me, there were several indicators this was more of a "hobbyist" oriented machine. May perform well for you in an industrial capacity, however there ma also be limitations ( note they stated extensive use of the head required a "cool down" period, usually indicative of a sealed lubrication style bearing or gearing).
    Let me know how it works for you.
    MarkT.
    www.cnccustomservices.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Dust system ?

Did I miss something? The video showed NO dust at all.. I assume they blew it off/out before they filmed the finale, but did they say somewhere how the dust issue was handled?

They imply that this is a great item to take with you .. i.e.. on-site work or hobby fairs, etc.. but what about the dust issue?

Eddie

Downloads
    Uploads

From ------> http://www.carvewright.com

Does the machine have a dust collection system?
    The machine does have a vacuum impeller built-in as well as an external vacuum port that fits 2-1/4" OD hose. The built-in vacuum system maintains airflow through the machine and removes airborne dust that can build up on the sensors. It is not designed to remove all generated chips and dust. Most of the dust generated by the CarveWright remains confined in the machine and will not affect the machine performance. After every project simply vacuum or use compressed air to clear the dust.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

They do say they may offer a gcode version of the software, but it's only on their to do list.
    I emailed them in regards to the software only, and got a promt reply. Jim

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thats a very interesting approach. Build a router into a planer cabinet. The software looks neat. A gcode version might be nice to try.

RipperSoftware

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

deleted

Last edited by applik; 04-27-2006 at 07:48 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Looks like it auto senses the board dimensions and thickness? Nice feature. How does it do it? Optics?

Can you load your own clip art into it? What about multi level 2 1/2D milling?

Steve

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

deleted

Last edited by applik; 04-27-2006 at 07:48 PM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

deleted

Last edited by applik; 04-27-2006 at 07:49 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Looks great, how much does the package (machine and software) cost?

Halfnutz

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

deleted

Last edited by applik; 04-27-2006 at 07:50 PM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Great looking sign Shari,

The machine seems to give an excellent finish.
    How long did it take to complete this sign?
    How many tool changes?
    What was the cut speed?

Jason

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

deleted

Last edited by applik; 04-27-2006 at 07:51 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Okay, that is impressive.

Auto sensing, unlimited length, bit management...Everything automated. And it costs $2000, software included, wow.

I`m suspicious about the software- any real 3d relief design/carve software starts at $7000. None the less, results are impressive!

(nice carving Shari)

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Carvewright

Is there any similar software that will work for a G code machine?
    I like the idea of being able to import clip art