Need Help! help converting raster image to gcode

Thread: help converting raster image to gcode

Downloads
    Uploads

Default help converting raster image to gcode

First, there are so many topics here, I am not sure WHERE to put this, but this seemed to fit...

I am trying to convert a raster image to gcode to cut on a homebuilt machine. I did this once before with a silhouette of a stripper, but either I got lucky or I have totally forgotten what I did. What I am attempting is to cut out of thin wood a Dodge Ram logo.

First, I scaled the image to ~3x3" at 300 dpi in gimp. Then I user RasterToVector to convert the JPG into a DXF file. Then I loaded it into CamBam to create the gcode.

My problem is that, if the grid in CamBam is accurate at one square per inch, then the image is going to be about 10x10"!

How do I go about making sure that the final logo will be the correct size? Thanks...

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails help converting raster image to gcode-dodgeram-jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Derek Tombrello
    www.RobotsAndComputers.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Scale it. 3:10 or 3/10 or 0.3333 or 33.333%

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by txcncman View Post
    Scale it. 3:10 or 3/10 or 0.3333 or 33.333%
    In which program? And why is it not the 3x3" that I already scaled it to in gimp?

Derek Tombrello
    www.RobotsAndComputers.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by RebelTaz View Post
    First, there are so many topics here, I am not sure WHERE to put this, but this seemed to fit...

I am trying to convert a raster image to gcode to cut on a homebuilt machine. I did this once before with a silhouette of a stripper, but either I got lucky or I have totally forgotten what I did. What I am attempting is to cut out of thin wood a Dodge Ram logo.

First, I scaled the image to ~3x3" at 300 dpi in gimp. Then I user RasterToVector to convert the JPG into a DXF file. Then I loaded it into CamBam to create the gcode.

My problem is that, if the grid in CamBam is accurate at one square per inch, then the image is going to be about 10x10"!

How do I go about making sure that the final logo will be the correct size? Thanks...
    If you are running your machine with Mach3, then don't worry about it!
    I.E. if you already have your G code, then open it into Mach3, and navigate to the Tool Path screen and read the X and Y Program Limits.

If it truly says X =10.000 Y=10.000 then navigate back to the Main Program screen in Mach3, click on X Scale (next to the DRO for the X axis) and change the 1 to .333, do the same for the Y axis Scale. Don't forget to click on the Regenerate Tool Path button after making these changes, and Mach3 will do the scaling work FOR You!