Need Help! Hypertherm Sensor PHC Torch Height Control - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hypertherm Sensor PHC Torch Height Control

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I purchased an EasyLoader 4x10 from Precision Cutting Systems in January 2009.

Not sure what Redneck is complaining about. The quote that I signed, is what was delivered. Did you review your quote before signing it? Hey buddy, if you purchasea piece of cnc equipment and want to change the software cause you don't like it, why would the manufacturer continue with warranty and tech support on equipment they don't own?

I live in the USA. I set up a time for a training session, Precision walked me through the software and how to run the table. They taught me how to change consumables, maintenance, and continued to provide tech support after the training session. The manual is easy to follow, not like all the technical garbage you have to sift through to find an answer in other manuals.

I have a Hypertherm PHC on my table with the modified lifter. You have to use the plasma power supply manual charts to get the right settings. Are you using the correct arc voltage for the material thickness and proper IPM setting. Using the wrong settings will make all the difference, not the lifter.

Three schools in my county have 4x4 tables with Hypertherm torch height controls. They were my referances from Precision. I went to one of the schools for my demo. The machine worked great.

I would reccommend the EasyLoader, it does everything Precision Cutting said it would do.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sold mine! Lucky Me...

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the info Larryy1022, but I think that the unit from Hypertherm is ok, it is the lifterunit that was modified that seems to be the problem.
    I am using it on manual as the lifter will still not read the signals properly & until I get a substitute unit, I don't want to dissect it to see if there is a hardware problem.
    Even on manual it still seems to have some problems reading the gcode. It will be cutting fine, then in the middle of a line it will turn off the plasma. I can find no problems with the hardware or the gcode, which I have to go into and set a plasma on line to restart the cut.
    I am happy for PaulDon56. He seems to have gotten a rare unit that works. And I will presume that his comment about not using the right settings is a poor shot at being a comedian, but I won't hold that against him.

Happy Trails.....

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default I live in the USA... HA Ha

If you live in the USA PaulDON56 why does your Profile say you are from Alberta Canada... Whats your real name .....If it smells like a Rat it is a RAT...

I would not give 2 cents for another table from them donkeys... After they told me on the phone all that is left to do before delivery is finish testing and calibrating your table... Then when it shows up it is cutting ovals so they tell me to walk throught the calibration with them... First thing she says to me is run the table to the X limit switch.... But what happens well the motor does not stop when it hits the limit switch, sounds like the table is going to fly apart....Why does it not stop.... The switches are wired backwards... on all axis..... Glad they TESTED and CALIBRATED before I got it.. Liars and right to my face.... they never did fix the problem , that is only one of the horror stories.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Metal art & light Industrial plasma

Quote Originally Posted by jimcolt View Post
    Ohmic contact is used primarily for initial height sensing (IHS). IHS is used for finding the surface of the plate before the arc fires....so the the THC can retarct the torch to the proper pierce height (as recommended by the plasma manufacturer).

Ohmic contact is usually acheived bu using the ohmic contact retaining cap on the torch, which allows a wire to connect....which makes contact with the shield on the front of the torch. When the shield contacts the plate the connection is sensed through the THC....which should then start retracting the torch to the pierce height. Once this height is reached then the torch should fire....and arc voltage control will then take over controlling the height (see my previous post).

Some THC systems also use this ohmic contact function as a collisions sensor. In this case, if the shield of the torch contacts the plate during steady state cutting....the torch will rise rapidly to 1/2 the pierce height...then will reactivate the arc voltage control after a few seconds. This is a great function that minimizes torch crashes that cab disrupt a cut. It is available on many industrial grade THC systems.

Jim Colt

Hypertherm

Dear Jim, I want to know the approx. price of Powermax1650, MicroEDGE CNC controller, SensorPHC torch hight controller & Turbonest.
    is this configration is good for metal art work and light industrial work,
    table size is 4'X8'

Anand.

Downloads
    Uploads

Pure-Power you are 100% correct. PCS has always played these games on forums pretending to be someone else given great reviews on these tables.

Let me state that I personally have rebuilt 2 of their machines and helped many others with them, as I am located close to PCS. I just finished rebuilding another one just last month. In my opinion, other then the linear rails, some electronic parts and some steel, everything else is removed and redesigned.

I know this is an old post, but still requires some updates as others may find this info useful.

One more thought, if anyone requires some customer feedback on these tables please send me a PM. I can forward them your contact info (please no PCS employees).

Regards,

Dennis

Last edited by dpaish; 04-24-2011 at 11:57 PM. Reason: added final thought

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Hypertherm Sensor PHC Torch Height Control

Hi every Boday
    Now Days I make a Powerful Reliable THC with TEX Power Z controller
    it has a 7 Inch HMI and Economic Solution
    system CAn DO ihs and THC Proccess in a perfect Way and There is MAny Detail Adjustment Parameteres for IHS and THC
    There is a User Manual but i don know How I can Put it here

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Hypertherm Sensor PHC Torch Height Control

Hi there, I know this is an old thread but im hoping someone can help me, as some of you have had the same machine.

We purchased a used Easyloader, PCS table from the new High School in Medicine Hat Alberta a couple years ago.. Long story short, the computer crashed and now I have a new computer which I have installed the new BobCAD V31, reinstalled Mach3 and have a Hypertherm PHC Sensor.

I am having issues with Mach3 not initiating the THC, on CYCLE START. The Torch moves up and down when I use the swithches, but Mach3 will not control it. I don't know what setting is causing this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123