Need Help! Waterjet leaking water into the mixingchamber and clogging the system

Thread: Waterjet leaking water into the mixingchamber and clogging the system

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Waterjet leaking water into the mixingchamber and clogging the system

HI

Am a new owner of a waterjet we bought from a wholesale agent. The machine havent been used much form us and we have
    hade som issues.

Now most of the issues are sorted out the only thing left is.

Our machine get clogged up where the abrasive inlet is. The machine is leaking water eather from the side of the mixing chamber or thru the mixing chamber.

Since am pretty new to waterjet i dont understand why it gets clogged all the time.

Is the mixing chamber worn out or what can it be?

Thanks in advance

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by tomkoz View Post
    HI

Am a new owner of a waterjet we bought from a wholesale agent. The machine havent been used much form us and we have
    hade som issues.

Now most of the issues are sorted out the only thing left is.

Our machine get clogged up where the abrasive inlet is. The machine is leaking water eather from the side of the mixing chamber or thru the mixing chamber.

Since am pretty new to waterjet i dont understand why it gets clogged all the time.

Is the mixing chamber worn out or what can it be?

Thanks in advance
    Hi you may have a problem with the on off valve situated on the head, this depends on what make of machine you have.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Waterjet leaking water into the mixingchamber and clogging the system

Hi Neil

Thanks, I have ordered a new on off valve. I dont think its it because it happens when the machine runs. I also ordered new mixing chamber, We dont know when it was changed and it can be worn out.

thanks i will get back next week when i know what the issue was

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Waterjet leaking water into the mixingchamber and clogging the system

Quote Originally Posted by neil76 View Post
    Hi you may have a problem with the on off valve situated on the head, this depends on what make of machine you have.
    HI Neal

We tried to swap the mixing chamber, same problem so its not that.
    I bought a kit with seal and needel for the on off valve, still same problem.

I think that this is the valve we have

https://www.accustream.com/waterjet-...903-1-1-1.html

When i took of the valve and put air pressure on it i couldnt notice if it moved up or down.

I also noticed when i start the waterjet the valve opens and in the begining it sprays water thru the mixingchamber for 1 sec then it goes as it should.
    So i dont know if the on off valve needs a service or not.

What happens when the valve dosnt work smoth.

best regards

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi there

A sticking or slow moving actuator can cause water to enter the mixing chamber and clog up the system.
    What type of machine are you operating.

Cheers

Downloads
    Uploads

Smile Re: Waterjet leaking water into the mixingchamber and clogging the system

Quote Originally Posted by neil76 View Post
    Hi there

A sticking or slow moving actuator can cause water to enter the mixing chamber and clog up the system.
    What type of machine are you operating.

Cheers
    Thanks, i dont have spareparts for it at home but i will open it and clean it up, If its only o rings that are worn out i can probably get them at the local hydralic store.

The machine is called Eurocutter, some small french company. I dont get any kind of support from them.

We bought the machine from a bankruptcy agent. We hade some issues but most is sorted out it was just this issue we didnt know what it was.

I will keep you updated

thanks so much

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi ok no problem.
    I'm not familiar with this company but the head in the link was accustream which is owned by hypertherm.
    It maybe worth dropping these guys an email or calling there tech support line. These guys are usually pretty good.

Enjoy your day

Neil

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads

HI Neil

I changed the sealings etc but must have done something wrong, Now its comming lots of water when i start it to the tube. I will pick apart everything clean it up and have a friend when i put it together. I will keep you updated Now its just frustrated that i cant get it to work, thinking of just replacing the whole system now.

We will try to assembly it in 2-3 days and then we see

Downloads
    Uploads

Ok good luck

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Neil

Finally we manage to sort out the issue thanks to GTMACO shop

It was a newbie mistake.

We buy spare parts from them and after emailing them they called us back and help t me troubleshooting.

After explaining everything around the head and sand he told me that the ratio is 1 (orifice) to 3 (nossle)

When i put the head together i didn't know that and took a bigger orifice and smaller nossle. So I got maybe 1 to 2.

After putting on a wider nossle the machine worked much better. No water that gets stuck and clogs the inlet of the sand.

I ordered a new head (without mixing chamber) with correct nossle and orifice. Its always good to have spare in case of something going wrong.g

I will get it next week.

Thanks for your help

best regards

Downloads
    Uploads

Excellent good work, take care