Need Help! Highpressure waterjet cutting machine

Thread: Highpressure waterjet cutting machine

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Highpressure waterjet cutting machine

Hello CNCzone community,

My name is NecatiUzun. I live in Germany and i'm a mechatronics student. I'm in my last semester of studieing and my bachelorproject is to build/create a Highpressure waterjet cutting machine (small and affordable).
    Since I'm really new to this CNC stuff im in desperate need of help. I've been looking up a bunch of Youtube videos about Controllers and Steppermotordrives, but they didnt seem to help that much.
    My problem right now is to figure out how im able to controll the x- ,y- and z- axis in terms of what software,controller,driver. Keep in mind it should be affordable.
    People suggested me to use T2Laser or mach3 and such, but im not quiet sure if my professor would allow me to use such software since they dont have to do anything with waterjet cutting.
    Dont get me wrong, with those softwares u are able to controll the electric engines on the xyz axis, but those softwares are mainly made for lasering or milling and such.
    I know about some Software for waterjet cutting called "Flowpath" and "Flowcut", but i dont know what controller (breakoutboard) i should use with it or if it is any affordable.
    Do u guys know any affordable Software for water jet cutting ? If yes i would like to know what controller i should use with it too.

If u anyone wants to talk to me with Discord in Voicechannels, im down jst send me a discord link and i will join at the given time, keep in mind im from germany so the timezone might be different.

Thx in advance

NecatiUzun

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Highpressure waterjet cutting machine

Quote Originally Posted by NecatiUzun View Post
    Hello CNCzone community,

My name is NecatiUzun. I live in Germany and i'm a mechatronics student. I'm in my last semester of studieing and my bachelorproject is to build/create a Highpressure waterjet cutting machine (small and affordable).
    Since I'm really new to this CNC stuff im in desperate need of help. I've been looking up a bunch of Youtube videos about Controllers and Steppermotordrives, but they didnt seem to help that much.
    My problem right now is to figure out how im able to controll the x- ,y- and z- axis in terms of what software,controller,driver. Keep in mind it should be affordable.
    People suggested me to use T2Laser or mach3 and such, but im not quiet sure if my professor would allow me to use such software since they dont have to do anything with waterjet cutting.
    Dont get me wrong, with those softwares u are able to controll the electric engines on the xyz axis, but those softwares are mainly made for lasering or milling and such.
    I know about some Software for waterjet cutting called "Flowpath" and "Flowcut", but i dont know what controller (breakoutboard) i should use with it or if it is any affordable.
    Do u guys know any affordable Software for water jet cutting ? If yes i would like to know what controller i should use with it too.

If u anyone wants to talk to me with Discord in Voicechannels, im down jst send me a discord link and i will join at the given time, keep in mind im from germany so the timezone might be different.

Thx in advance

NecatiUzun
    For X Y and Z it can be controlled with Mach 3 your software does not care where your axis is moving or what it is moving, you can try it for free 500 lines of code, you can use steppers or servo motors to move the axis so just because it only have for mills or lathe or lasers there is no difference for what you want to do

I don't think there are any Control software for water Jet machines that you could buy and if you could it would not be cheap they are all using there own custom controls

So for software any simple control software will work, you will need some I/0 a simple Breakout Board with some Relays already on it and you would be good to go

I think the Flow path Etc. software you are talking about is only a cad program not a machine control

This software could be used also this guy has some really good software that he has built himself

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Highpressure waterjet cutting machine

Thx mactec54 for the informations ill defenetly check the video and mach3 out.