Need Help! Flow Water Jet Production runtime

Thread: Flow Water Jet Production runtime

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Flow Water Jet Production runtime

Got a question for you water jet operators. Here's the scenario. Material handling is done by fork truck (overhead crane and vac lift on its way). sometimes full 144x60 sheets, other times remnant material. Operator generates both the Machine code files and job travelers on a computer next to water jet. Operator also runs the water jet. What would a reasonable time between material size change-outs be? Basically during an 8 hour day how many minutes/hours of actual "cutting time" can be achieved with approximately 10-15 material change-outs occurring?

Thanks
    Doug

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Flow Water Jet Production runtime

We run 3 plasma machines at work and they are historically faster than waterjets. We burn a lot of 96" x 240", 72" x 240", and sometimes 96" x 480". I push my guys to get 5.5 to 7 hours of burn time in an 8 hour day. To me I expect my guys to be on the table and starting to pull parts once the gantry clears about 4' of sheet. If you pull as you progress down the table you are more efficent. I also like for them to have the next sheet on the table staged and ready to go before the first sheet is done. When the cut is complete cut up your bone scrap and pull it of the table. Most of the time they can pull the bone, (overhead crane with hoists or magnent), any remaining parts and load the next sheet in 40 minutes, sometimes faster.