Bought a used plasma table and have some questions

Thread: Bought a used plasma table and have some questions

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Bought a used plasma table and have some questions

I bought a used plasma table with everything accept the plasma cutter. It was put in a shop and the guy used it a little but just didn't want to spend the time trying to figure out how to get the most out of it. He had a young guy that was learning to run it but he walked out one day and never came back. I heard he was trying to sell it so I went by and made the guy an offer which he took.

I never saw the machine work but it was obvious that it had cut some parts by all the rusted up pieces of metal that was left in the water table. When the young guy left the owner just pushed it over in a corner and left it setting. All the water evaporated, and all that was left was the rusty left over cuttings which took me a couple days to clean up. After I cleaned it up and got it sitting in it's new home I hooked up the computer and controller to see what I had. Now 2 1/2 months later have I finally got to the point that I think I can think about buying a plasma machine and hopefully putting it to work.

The problem has been that every time I run into a problem I can't get answers and have to spend days searching the net following one wild goose chase after another. The guy I got it from isn't much help because he doesn't know much about it and his only answer is , "Well it was working when the kid last used it". The people that sole it to him has been helpful in some respects but I never have been able to talk to them directly, I have to communicate through text messaging and that as it has been helpful it takes days sometime just to get a simple answer. I can't fuss at this too much because they didn't sell it to me so anything I get, I'm thankful for.

It is a 4x8 water table and the computer is running windows 7 pro. with a Premier Plasma controller. What I am hoping is that someone out there has one of these Premier Plasma tables that could shed a little light on different parts that make up the system and how everything is supposed to work.

Thanks in advance for any help someone may have.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Bought a used plasma table and have some questions

Well a little google search brought this up which I am assuming you have already found > https://premierplasmacnc.com/collect...sma-cnc-tables

What they are going to look for from you is a little money for a software transfer fee or whatever you would call it.... help is not happening for "Free".

1000x750 Workbee CNC - Mach4 - PMDX USB - Windows 10 Pro

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by wmgeorge View Post
    Well a little google search brought this up which I am assuming you have already found > https://premierplasmacnc.com/collect...sma-cnc-tables

What they are going to look for from you is a little money for a software transfer fee or whatever you would call it.... help is not happening for "Free".
    I never expected anything for free. I have been looking at page after page of information on this machine and where as the reviews I looked at before I bought it, all seemed fairly good. All the programs that were loaded are transferable and after replacing a lot of missing files that somehow got deleted all programs seem to work as designed. The problem is when I look at other machines they all look different in some ways or another. The table seems the same but the, controller, motors, and torch height controller, as well as the gantries on some are different. I realize some models will have different options but I would think the basic components would be pretty much the same......or maybe? Anyway I was just hoping someone who had one of these machines would see this and add a comment or two. Thanks!

Downloads
    Uploads

Years ago I had a PlasmaCAM. The THC worked good and so did the machine. There was only one person in Customer Service who was not a A$$ hole the rest went out of there way to be not helpful. It was a $9,000 machine but only 90 day warranty they expected you to pay after that. I hope they have changed their ways by now. Good luck with yours, it looks to e a nice one. BTW I used a HyperTherm PC on mine and it was flawless.

1000x750 Workbee CNC - Mach4 - PMDX USB - Windows 10 Pro

Downloads
    Uploads

Check this post, might be some help.
    https://www.plasmaspider.com/viewtopic.php?f=73&t=23293
    Larry

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by wmgeorge View Post
    Years ago I had a PlasmaCAM. The THC worked good and so did the machine. There was only one person in Customer Service who was not a A$$ hole the rest went out of there way to be not helpful. It was a $9,000 machine but only 90 day warranty they expected you to pay after that. I hope they have changed their ways by now. Good luck with yours, it looks to e a nice one. BTW I used a HyperTherm PC on mine and it was flawless.
    Thanks, I was looking at those machines and was thinking about buying one but this machine came along and now I have to deal with what I have. Looking at the information I can find on this Premier Plasma table It seems I read somewhere that they only have a 30 day warranty. That don'r give you much time to really try it out and see what you have before the warranty is over. I'm still need to get a plasma cutter but the one I want is around $4500.00 and I'll have to wait a little before I can do that.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by metalfixer View Post
    Check this post, might be some help.
    https://www.plasmaspider.com/viewtopic.php?f=73&t=23293
    Larry
    Thanks Larry, I have tried to get on that site but my computer for some reason won't let me go there.....something about the site not being able to provide a secure connection. It's the same when I try to log on at Practical Machinist. I've tried everything but I can't find a fix for it.

Downloads
    Uploads

What anti-virus are you using?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by metalfixer View Post
    What anti-virus are you using?
    The machine I am on now is an older XP pro machine. I have Avast anti-virus and am using google Chrome for browser. I've done a lot of looking around for a fix for this and from what I gather there are a lot of fixes for this problem but the ones I have tried don't seem to help.I can get on most sites it's just a couple of them that wont let me go to.