Problem with AgieCut 120 MMD, Agiepuls Generator!

Thread: Problem with AgieCut 120 MMD, Agiepuls Generator!

Downloads
    Uploads

Post Problem with AgieCut 120 MMD, Agiepuls Generator!

Dear Forum,

Currently at our shop we recently bought an Agiecut 120 Wire EDM machine. We have set it up, we got the power flowing through the machine Agiecut 120, the computer and power supply Agiematic CF turn on fine with no abnormally and our water tank with its motors all turn on and function correctly with the air compressor is on of course.

However when I turn on the Agiepuls generator of the machine it seems the fans inside the machine turn on and some of the boards of the machine are not turning on. When I check on the main switch of the machine I can see all of the KM1, KM2, KM3 orange lights turn on except KM4 light does not turn on. This also shuts down the M3 Motor of the water tank once the water tank motors starts.

I am wondering if anyone know what would be causing the problem? I am going to upload some pictures so that you forum could take a good look visually what the machine is doing. I can also upload a video on youtube just for a quick and simple overview of the problem.

Many thanks for all your help and if there is any person in this forum that has an Agiecut machine with a similar or somewhat similar problem and that lives near please give me a call or email us please. Thank you very much and GOD Bless!

Thank you!

Julio A. Cruz
    Software Programmer
    Zion Tools Inc.
    5301 Old Poole Road
    Raleigh, N.C. 27610
    (919) 714-2103
    (919) 231-8571
    julioykaly@hotmail.com
    drjulio2001@yahoo.com

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Talking Video from youtube!

Dear Forum,

As promised this is the youtube video for the AgieCut 120 MMD if anyone can tell me if there is something wrong with the machine please help out. The Agiematic CF gives me one error message saying that Agiematic CF can not communicate with Agiepuls please check fiber optic cables. I might need to replace these however why are the rest of the boards on my machine not turning on? I am a little confused please help. Many thanks.

Youtube.com: [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70qGKqPUPwg"]YouTube - Agiecut 120 MMD and Agiepuls[/nomedia]

Thanks!

Julio A. Cruz
    Software Programmer
    Zion Tool inc.
    5301 Old Poole Rd.
    Raleigh, N.C. 27610
    Web: TargetPreview
    Cell: (919) 714-2103
    Fax: (919) 231-8571
    julioykaly@hotmail.com
    drjulio2001@yahoo.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Default How to run and cut in Wire EDM?

Dear Forum,

I have been able to put the generator to work, however when I tried to run the first program it seems to me that it is trying to run by the machine does not move at all. It is still giving me the error of can not communicate between the Agiematic CF and Agiepuls? Can somebody help me with this problem? What are the step to put this wire EDM to cut?

Thanks!

Julio A. Cruz
    Zion Tools Inc.
    5301 Old Poole Rd.
    Raleigh, NC 27610
    919-714-2103
    julioykaly@hotmail.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Unhappy AgiePuls can not Start! Error 511.

Dear Forum,

This is an update to the current situation with the AgieCut 120. We have been able to fix a few problems with the WEDM such as the X Axis Switch was not working properly, and the M3 Motor to pump water into the work tank did not work at all. However we have replaced these defective parts and now they are working properly. The manual says that I need to first home the axis Z, U+V, X+Y axis to begin work.

The machine does this perfectly it also aligns the wire and threads it well into the machine nozzles. However when I try to EDM manually to start cutting my first part to be machine I follow the instruction to press the manual key -> enter key -> start key (green bottom).

The Machine start filling up the tank with water up to the level it should be however when the machine is trying to start the Generator it gives me an error saying: Message 511: Agiepuls MMD does not Start! I wanted to see if anyone in this forum have any ideas why the machine gives me this error. I have follow the textbook manual as far as I can go and understand. Please any help that anyone could provide will be appreciated. Thank you very much and GOD Bless!

Thanks!

Julio A. Cruz
    Software Programmer
    Zion Tools Inc.
    5301 Old Poole Rd.
    Raleigh, N.C. 27610
    Tel: (919) 714-2103
    Fax: (919) 231-8571

Downloads
    Uploads

Smile AgieCut 120 is currently running and cutting!

Dear Forum,

This is an update to the wire edm machine AgieCut 120, in this update I am happy to inform our Wire EDM machine is up and running cutting aluminum metal type of mirror finish. The last diagnostics we had trouble making the Generator to run because of the relays being defective. At first it seems that our main board where the relays are was not receiving enough voltage into the board.

However last week on Sunday the machine circuit breaker of the main switch of the machine broke down or got defective and was not turning on the machine because the voltage was not being distributed. We have to buy a new circuit breaker for the machine which I found a cheap one on ebay thank GOD for it because I have contacted a few places for this particular breaker not specialized for the machine itself because it is a general purpose industrial circuit breaker with the same specifications.

Those other sellers of the circuit breaker was very expensive charging me a lot of money for a simple part of the machine. Never the less after unmounting the defective circuit breaker we started diagnosing why the last defective circuit breaker and we saw the undervoltage 24v dc tripping breaker in the back of the circuit breaker where cables 51 and 52 are connected to was defective as well.

The simple soluction for now is to replaced this device however for a quick soluction we did not mounted into the new circuit breaker the undervoltage tripping device. We power on the machine and it was operational. Later on I checked and plug in the relays to their respective locations and fire up the generator and the generator started working cutting our first machine part.

Now I need to learn how to program our future jobs in this machine we have the manual of the machine where it teaches us to learn G Code to create the .GEO file; later on to learn to create and understand the technology .TED file and .JOB file. The G Code seems to be easy to learn how to master type of language never the less I am a beginner since I am a software programmer for C and C++ first time learning G Code I think this is going to be fun. Thank you very much for all your help and support and I hope you (forum) could comment. Thank you!

Julio A. Cruz
    Software Programmer
    Zion Tools Inc.
    5301 Old Poole Rd.
    Raleigh, N.C. 27610
    Tel: 919-714-2103
    Fax: 919-231-8571
    Email: julioykaly@hotmail.com
    Web: TargetPreview

Downloads
    Uploads

Question AgieCut 120 is currently running and cutting youtube video!

Dear Forum

This is the link to the youtube video for the AgieCut 120 which is currently working.

Youtube: [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciMO7YnpYSw"]YouTube - ‪AgieCut 120 running and cutting!‬‏[/nomedia]

However I have a question and a concern with my AgieCut machine right now the machine is giving me the error 420 wire not threaded! I am guessing that it is the wire detector that is defective however can anyone provide any ideas why the Agie is giving me this error? I have try the suggestions that Agie have provided from resetting the two mother board in the Agiematic computer to checking the board inside the head of the wire wheel and even check the wire detector and I believe that the wire detector is the only one which is giving me problems. Thanks a lot forum for any suggestions and ideas on how to go about in fixing this error.

Julio A. Cruz
    Software Programmer
    Zion Tools Inc.
    5301 Old Poole Rd.
    Raleigh, N.C. 27610
    919-714-2103
    julioykaly@hotmail.com
    web: TargetPreview

Downloads
    Uploads

My machine is a good bit older than yours but I started receiving the 420 error when the wire was threaded and ready to go when my spark cables had bad ends on them. I ended up replacing my spark cables.

I would check your spark cables. You have to look the ends over good becuase the heat shrink hides the wire damage.

Thanks Gary

Downloads
    Uploads

Smile AgieCut 120 newly uploaded video!

Hello Forum,

Thank you very much Gary for your suggestions on checking the spark plugs in the machine. I have uploaded a new video of what is happening with my machine to see if anyone could determine what might be wrong when the machine is threading the wire. Thank you very much for your reply and response.

Youtube: [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVGArg09UAE"]YouTube - ‪MOV01239‬‏[/nomedia]

Julio A. Cruz
    Software Programmer
    Zion Tools Inc.
    5301 Old Poole Rd.
    Raleigh, N.C. 27610
    (919) 714-2103
    julioykaly@hotmail.com
    web: TargetPreview

Downloads
    Uploads

Smile Spark Plugs!

Quote Originally Posted by glbreil View Post
    My machine is a good bit older than yours but I started receiving the 420 error when the wire was threaded and ready to go when my spark cables had bad ends on them. I ended up replacing my spark cables.

I would check your spark cables. You have to look the ends over good becuase the heat shrink hides the wire damage.

Thanks Gary
    At Gary,

Gary is it possible for you to capture a video or sent me to my email photos of the spark plugs? Do you still have the defective spark plugs with you so you can take pictures or a video of them? I want to see in what condition should the spark plugs should be in. Many thanks!

Julio A. Cruz

Downloads
    Uploads

Julio, try this link ans see if it helps you do some trouble shooting.

The spark cables, not spark plugs is what i was talking about. They go to the power contacts and they also have sensing wires that sense conductivity, they can get corroded from being under water and break down, you made need to repair or replace them.

Try this link first. Gary

Agie "wire broken" error...but it's not... - Practical Machinist - Largest Manufacturing Technology Forum on the Web

Downloads
    Uploads

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by glbreil View Post
    Don, do you have the Manual for the machine? It will guide you through the wire threading quite easily. Before you start though, you should adjust the water jet for the auto threader. If you take a close look at the upper head, you will see 3 small Allen heads that are used to adjust the water jet, again, it is in the Manual. There are also 2 springs that activate the wire shear in the upper head, check and make sure that they are not broken. The wire shear might cover the opening where the wire has to come through, If that is the case, the wire will push up and you will see the wire coming off the brake wheel on top. If you don't have a manual, I will make some copies and email them to you. let me know. I don;t have the exact same model of the Sprint, but all the parts and procedures are pretty well the same.
    Rolf B.
    Quick question, can I get more information about the wire slipping here it says: "There are also 2 springs that activate the wire shear in the upper head, check and make sure that they are not broken. The wire shear might cover the opening where the wire has to come through, If that is the case, the wire will push up and you will see the wire coming off the brake wheel on top. " This is the exact behaviour the machine is doing right now. What other suggestions do you have about this behaviour? Any other way I can prevent the machine from doing this? Today I have check the nozzles and the shear wire with the two springs and they were not broken however they was another problem...I will talk about this later. Please give me any further suggestions. Thanks!

Julio A. Cruz

Downloads
    Uploads

Arrow Diagnostics!

Dear Forums,

Today I ran some few diagnostic in the machine to see what is making the wire pull up every time i try to do the autothreading.

Diagnostic number one begin by removing the lower blade of the wire shear to see if this could be one of the many causes of the wire pulling up on top when automatically being threaded. Results first diagnostic got the 420 error.

Diagnostic number two, going to remove the upper pick-up pad, to see if it is the cause for the wire pulling up. Results second diagnostic got the 420 error.

Diagnostic number three, got to check the diamond heads to center and locate properly the nozzle head and reference point. It seems that the upper head diamond, one of them is has wire mark, need to replace according to the manual book diagnostic and weekly update.

Things to considered to be purchased:

1) Need diamonds head for upper and lower head nozzles four diamonds guides.
    2) Need to replaced spark cables, all of them would be better.
    3) Two pick-up pads.
    4) Lower blade.

Thanks!

Julio A. Cruz

Downloads
    Uploads

I am sure that there are people who post here that know much more than me about this stuff, but I think you would need the upper and lower pick up pads in place when threading. I think that the connection has to be sensed between them so the machine knows the wire is threaded, but I could be wrong.

You might want to go to EDM Support and call or email Larry. They offer free support and a good price on parts after they help you determine the problem. Larry is an Agie expert.

Thanks Gary

Downloads
    Uploads

Just Curious, did you get your machine running?

Gary

Downloads
    Uploads

Smile Error 423: "Wire not threaded into lower nozzle"

Dear Forum,

I was able to take care of the 420 error by helping the wire of the transport belt when threading the wire in the lower nozzle, which solve the 420 error for me for the time being. However today I was finishing cutting brass material for specific job in our shop, however because I do not know too much how to operate our AgieCut 120 technically I been using technology files from the machine database.

Trying to get more speed in P = Power in the generator parameters I went from 1 to 15 value number for the P parameter which was cutting at 12.10 MM/Minute. Sounds cool and all however when I finish the job and I want to start a new job after this I been getting the error 423: "Wire not threaded into lower nozzle" Action: "Check and adjust water jet." Basically my question is what is the water jet? Where is it located in the lower nozzle? Thank you very much for all your help.

Julio A. Cruz

Downloads
    Uploads

The water Jet is the stream of water that runs when the wire is threading. It can be adjusted so that it hits directly in the lower nozzle which is the lower wire guide.

On my alarm sheet which is an older machine than yours the 423 error says it is a wire drive failure and says it is triggered by DWC03. It also has a hand written note that says "PHONY" so evidently at some time before I owned the machine it had a problem with the DWC03 board that caused a phony wire drive error to appear.

That is about all I can help you.

Did you ever contact Larry at EDM Support. I am sure he can help you if you can't figure it out.

Thanks Gary

Downloads
    Uploads

Smile Error 420 and 423 still persist!

Dear Forum,

Up to this point the machine still gives me the 420 and 423 messages of the wire being not threaded in, however I think the motor belt I think is moving too slow. When I help the wire belt motor move a little faster the 420 and 423 messages go away and the machine start EDMing. But this is more a band-aid then a solution. I called Agie yesterday and told them my wire was lifting up from the brake wheel and the person that assisted me said to check the adjustable tension rollers in the three different position that they have and see if this solve the problem.

I tried all the possible combination I could think of to release tension from the wire belts and the wire from slipping, however my troubleshooting ended up in failure. However I just wonder if it is simply a defective motor belt situation. @Gary, I have call Ron and Larry from EDM Support however they seem not to pick up for the time being for some reason however they have given me before their suggestions and what possibilities that are causing the problems.

This Sunday I will do the regular maintenance of the machine and clean everything up but for today and tomorrow I am going to let this hurricane pass by before I go back into the shop. Many thanks for all your help Gary and also the forum.

Thanks!,

Julio A. Cruz

Downloads
    Uploads

Talking Bore Hole in Wire EDM!

Dear Forum,

Was conducting a research on Wire EDM to find out if it is possible to bore holes on the material being work on with Wire EDM. I know about Small Hole EDM machines, however can we make holes whether bore, drill, burn through a hole on a material with wire EDM? In a few I am going to upload a few videos for our AgieCut 120 working and cutting a machine part in Steel. The edm part is call GelMold. Thank you very much for your help and time.

Thanks,

Julio A. Cruz

Default Re: Bore Hole in Wire EDM!

good afternoon have a agie cut machine 120 years in 1994 .Had damage the disc and lost the operating system of the machine will be that I can help .cumprimentos am waiting for a response from you. mail

plasticos-carrico@sapo.pt

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Error 420 and 423 still persist!

Hi
    Would you happen to have any manuals for the agie 120 .I have purchased a machine from france but there was no manual of instilation disk with the machine,