Has anyone bought from Changzhou Longs-Motor? - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Has anyone bought from Changzhou Longs-Motor?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Has anyone bought from Changzhou Longs-Motor?

Could you provide us the detailed info?
    We should check it with our engineer,and we have our own EU warehouse now,if it was our falut ,we can send it from our Eu warehouse to you directly now.
    Please contact us : cherry@longs-motor.com
    Thanks.
    Reagrds
    Cherry

Downloads
    Uploads

I've purchased a couple of kits from them. One of the kits is still in the box while the other is on my just-finished CNC Router.

The CNC Router setup has what seems to be a dead-on-arrival power supply. Of the 3 power supplies that shipped, 2 work while the third makes a clicking sound.

I've sent them an e-mail and await their response.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Teddz View Post
    I've purchased a couple of kits from them. One of the kits is still in the box while the other is on my just-finished CNC Router.

The CNC Router setup has what seems to be a dead-on-arrival power supply. Of the 3 power supplies that shipped, 2 work while the third makes a clicking sound.

I've sent them an e-mail and await their response.

Hi there, we check our sales history, we check you only bought 1 set of 3-axis Nema 34 stepper motor 1232 oz.in on Ocb 7th, 2014 on Ebay. We did not find that you buy couple of kits from our company. So please make a confirmation for it at your side.

And it has been a year already since you receive it. We didnt know what happen in these past 1 year after you receive this parcel. I also replied to you in email, you can have a check.

Regards

Mary

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Mary,

Your records are wrong then. I have a 3-axis set of nema 23 270oz that were bought through ebay... the contact email is peter@longs-motor.com. you may want to ask him. I'll email you the info.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Teddz View Post
    Hi Mary,

Your records are wrong then. I have a 3-axis set of nema 23 270oz that were bought through ebay... the contact email is peter@longs-motor.com. you may want to ask him. I'll email you the info.
    Yes, i contact Peter and found it. And will reply your email

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Mary,
    I know this post has been a long time. I just want to ask you : changzhou-longs-motor is the same as changzhou-wantai-motor ? The product is almost the same, like a twin product.

Why don't you put the wiring in here ? Thanks.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi does anyone know if the longs motor kits work with linexcnc? I cant seem to get mine to work with mach3 so i. Thinking about trying linexcnc... thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

Mary,
    Can you post wiring diagram on here ... ?

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes, I am using Longs motor with LinuxCNC. I like their DM542A stepper driver and use 25x microstepping with no problems. I am using a Mesa 7i76e ethernet board so don't use their breakout board but I have tested it and confirmed it works with LinuxCNC.

Rod Webster
    www.vmn.com.au

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Rod,
    How difficult to wire linux cnc? How expensive ? Are they more powerful than mach3 or uccnc ?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by asuratman View Post
    Hi Rod,
    How difficult to wire linux cnc? How expensive ? Are they more powerful than mach3 or uccnc ?
    I think there is a reason why Tormach and CandCNC have migrated to LinuxCNC. Its better, its open source and its free!

The wiring is probably no different. As you can have a lot more inputs with some hardware, you can wire in seperate limit switches and a home switch on each axis so there might be more wiring to do but you will have a better machine for it.. For a simple lathe or mill, there is a config program that should do 90% or more for you. I've edited the config files by hand for my plasma build.

Rod Webster
    www.vmn.com.au

Downloads
    Uploads

I have those same motors I just purchased from longs for two of my mills and I just heard back from longs after inquiring about the motor mounting and they responded that these motors are not designed to be used with ballscrews due to the high accuracy of ballscrews the steppers will not perform well. Have you actually ran these on your mill cutting anything yet?

Quote Originally Posted by rodw View Post
    Yes, I am using Longs motor with LinuxCNC. I like their DM542A stepper driver and use 25x microstepping with no problems. I am using a Mesa 7i76e ethernet board so don't use their breakout board but I have tested it and confirmed it works with LinuxCNC.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Uguessedit View Post
    I have those same motors I just purchased from longs for two of my mills and I just heard back from longs after inquiring about the motor mounting and they responded that these motors are not designed to be used with ballscrews due to the high accuracy of ballscrews the steppers will not perform well. Have you actually ran these on your mill cutting anything yet?
    I'm only using their stepper drivers to drive my plasma cutter which is a low torque situation. I don't expect that their motors would be any better or worse than those I purchased from steppers on line. I do have a friend with a Seig SX3 CNC mill and a home made CNC lathe who uses the same drivers and he has no accuracy issues.

Rod Webster
    www.vmn.com.au

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I just bought this kit off of amazon, with no wiring diagram. I can figure out the wiring but can any one tell me which dip switch needs to be pushed, and the wiring diagram just in case. thank you

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12