Newbie: Camtronics Questions

Thread: Newbie: Camtronics Questions

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Newbie: Camtronics Questions

Hello! I have been a long time lurker but I believe this is my first post. I have had a Mill/Drill similar to the Grizzly G1006 and have always wanted to convert it to CNC. I know that a round column mill isn't ideal but it is what I have. I came across a used Camtronics stepper controller at a great price and bought it without knowing what was inside. It turns out that it has 3x 201 Gecko Drives and two transformers in it with model number 430-9001 by Midwestco. I can't figure out how to post pictures and not sure if this is the correct forum to post this in (as there are a lot of forums). I have a lot of questions but the first three questions I have are...
    1. There is a plug in the back of the box for 5v but there is only one pin in the connector and that pin is running to the Gecko Drives. Is this missing the other pin and wire in the connector or is it using a common ground wire? Or other? Perhaps if someone else could post a picture of how they have this wired would help.
    2. Does anyone know what these transformer provide to power steppers?
    3. Can someone recommend stepper motors that would hopefully work with this controller and power a Mill/Drill conversion? The stepper plugs are 4-wire.

Thanks in advance for any help. I would like to get the electronics working before I start to convert the Mill/Drill as the electronics are the steeper side of the learning curve for me.