Newbie What software do you use?

Thread: What software do you use?

Default What software do you use?

Hey! I'm fairly new to CNC machining, but I have decades of sign making experience. I'm highly skilled in COREL DRAW for my layout and I've been exporting the files in .stl to CAMBAM to turn the signs from 2D to 2.5D and create tool paths & G-Code. I run my G-Code on Mach3.
    So far so good...until my shop computer shot craps. ( I don't have copies of the software to reload )

My question: What programs do you recommend for sign making? I want to do some dimensional wood & HDU signs and cut out letters from MaxMetal. Are there programs that combine layout, tool paths & machining?

Thank You!

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

The question is a bit vague. Remember that you will need to generate a model in a CAD program (then transform the model to G-Code using a CAM program, then use the G-Code to operate your CNC mill or lathe if you are working in 3D. For generating your 3D model, I recommend FreeCAD as a source product that is open. If you want to pay, you can use Inventor, or SolidWorks or many of the other commercial programs.