Need Help! Step length chord length using alphacam

Thread: Step length chord length using alphacam

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Step length chord length using alphacam

Hello,

We are a one off millshop that makes very few signs, however; an increased demand is pushing me to be more efficient and learn more about this programming. One issue that I have been having is the size of the program. It seems to be related to step and chord length presets that are really precise- (.00000125). I have noticed that when I use a larger decimal my program size reduces drastically. Question is what am I doing? What is step length/ chord length? I am doing simple letters and feel like this level of accuracy is not needed. Any tips or suggestions? I am using an scm routech 220 with alphacam.

Thanks Ben

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Step length chord length using alphacam

A chord is a line segment joining two points on any arc.

The program is converting arcs to small line segments (short X Y moves). To put it simply; The larger the step length, the less true round the arc is. In your case, I would think that a 0.010 would be more than adequate. You really won't see any difference in the finished product. You might try even 0.050 on a test cut and see if the quality is OK.