CNC Quilting forum

Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: CNC Quilting forum

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default CNC Quilting forum

I just saw a quilting machine with a CNC controller. Great stuff. I was wondering if anybody knows where I can find a forum that supports CNC quilting. Maybe there is some old links in CNCzone. Anybody know where I can find more info?
    Thanks,
    Dave

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

This is the only link (here on the zone) that I know of.

I'm not sure how far they got on the actual machine.

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23652

Downloads
    Uploads

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Switcher. I appreciate the links. I figured there'd be some interest in this topic. Maybe others would pipe up with DIY links too. There are literally thousands of women out there quilting away (including my wife). 99.99% of these ladies have no interest in computers though. Commercial quilting machines cost $30k, so you can expect that this market is just waiting to be tapped.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default CNC Quilter

Dave,

Are you looking for specific information? I have been building a cnc quilter for my wife and I am at the completion stage now. All of the testing is done and the design and system are complete. My next steps are to install the Big Red Button for the E-stop, and 4 axis safety switches. That will make the project complete. There is one other problem that I am working on though. I have ordered a Solid State Relay that I plan on using to control the stitch regulator. This is proving to be a bit of a pain in that I am not sure of the correct connection of the relay to the board in order to control it with Mach3.
    Anyway, if I can be of any help with your project, don't hesitate to contact me with your questions.

Larry

Downloads
    Uploads

Larry,

Connect the relay common or minus to LPT GND and the relay + to 16 on the Rockcliff board

Configure Mach3 so that a M8 will trip the relay.

Use output 6

Configure output 6 for port 1 pin 16

See attached images.

Jeff...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CNC Quilting forum-rock-jpg   CNC Quilting forum-m8-output-6-jpg   CNC Quilting forum-output-6-jpg  
    Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

If a DIY quilter design gets going here I would be interested in making a CorelDRAW interface (direct GCODE output) for this.

-James Leonard

James Leonard - www.DragonCNC.com - www.LeonardCNCSoftware.com - www.CorelDRAWCadCam.com - www.LeonardMusicalInstruments.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Jeff. That's pretty straight forward. As soon as I get the new board in I'll set it up and try it.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hey Jimmy,

Get with me on your recommendations re: coreldraw interface. We can discuss it and see what pops.

Larry

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi All,

I promised some photos of the cnc quilter project and here they are.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default CorelDRAW for DIY quilting machines

Quote Originally Posted by lmlamb View Post
    Hey Jimmy,

Get with me on your recommendations re: coreldraw interface. We can discuss it and see what pops.

Larry
    Hi Larry, I have sent you a PM.

-James

James Leonard - www.DragonCNC.com - www.LeonardCNCSoftware.com - www.CorelDRAWCadCam.com - www.LeonardMusicalInstruments.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Hey guys,

I got my new board in today and I have already run into a problem. The board is a HY-TB4DV-M controller board. It has the TB6560AHQ chip for a basis. What I need is a copy of the instructions for the board so that I can set up the dip switches. If anyone has a lead on the instructions for this board, I could sure use the help.

Larry

Larry
    W4LML 20mtrs

Downloads
    Uploads

Larry,

http://www.savebase.com/infobase/dow...B6560/TB5M.pdf

I believe this is what you need,

Jeff...

Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

Downloads
    Uploads

Jeff,

Thanks for the info on the setup of the TB6560. I got my Rockcliff board back the day after I posted that request, so I am setting it up for operation. I think the Rockcliff is a better board anyway. One thing I am puzzled about. When I do a pattern file, I run it through a raster to vector converter, then I run the dxf file through Lazycam to convert to gcode. The problem is when I run it through LazyCam, numerous rapid jums are inserted into the file when what I really need is continuous line capability, any thoughts?

Larry
    W4LML 20mtrs

Downloads
    Uploads

Larry,

I am not sure however I believe you may be able to use something like VCarvePro "quick engraving" tool-path generator.

http://www.vectric.eu/support/VCarve...ck_Engrave.pdf

I have no idea if Lazycam has the ability to generate the type of tool-path you require since I don't have any experience using it.

You may want to present your question on the Mach3 forum.

http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php

Jeff...

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by lmlamb View Post
    Jeff,

Thanks for the info on the setup of the TB6560. I got my Rockcliff board back the day after I posted that request, so I am setting it up for operation. I think the Rockcliff is a better board anyway. One thing I am puzzled about. When I do a pattern file, I run it through a raster to vector converter, then I run the dxf file through Lazycam to convert to gcode. The problem is when I run it through LazyCam, numerous rapid jums are inserted into the file when what I really need is continuous line capability, any thoughts?

Sounds like you have a dxf file that has open vectors, that is, the lines & arcs in the dxf file are not connected.

Post a sample dxf file, I'll have a look & see If that's problem.

Free DXF - vectorink.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Jeff,

I believe you are right regarding posting the plea on the board. I suppose there are any number of programmers out there that would jump at the chance to write a program that would do this kind of line drawing. I have found that computerized quilting is about the only type of work that would this type of CNC file.

Larry
    W4LML 20mtrs

Downloads
    Uploads

Well, I have the cnc quilter set up now, don't have the SSR in place yet, as it doesn't appear to operate the switch for the stitch regulator the way it should. I know the regulator is operating, becuase when you throw the manual switch it controls the stitch just fine. Maybe I don't have the setup correct in Mach3, something to play with. I plan on doing the first full scale project sometime in January, before that I should have some more photos and a small video completed so that you can see what I have been doing. Before I can do anything, I have been told by the Chief of Staff (Wife) that the hobby room has to be cleaned up and re-arranged to facilitate operation ease. So now you know my new years resolution. Everybody have a great and prosperous new year and I hope each and every project you start earns great returns.

Larry

Larry
    W4LML 20mtrs

Downloads
    Uploads

Hey Jimmy,

I am still open to suggestion regarding the interface, the problem that I see is that the board that I am using must have a visual basic translator to convert the gcode to machine language. I am using a Rockcliff 4 axis controller board with Mach3 as the software. Do you have anything that can interface with that? I would love to design a GUI that is geared toward quilting only. It would have such things as a button/control to start a basting stitch either horizontally or vertically. It would also need to have the size of the quilting area included into the control input as well as the throat size of the sewing machine being used. I suppose this could be based on the type/brand of machine being used. There are many other things that would be needed as well, but these are things that can be worked out in development. If I can be of help, I believe you have my email address, just send me an email and we'll start working it.

Larry
    W4LML 20mtrs

Downloads
    Uploads

Switcher,

I'll get a copy of the file posted later on between now and Monday. I have been pretty busy at work and wasn't able to even read email, so I'm not ignoring anyone. Hope you had a great Christmas and got all the toys you wanted.

Happy New Year to you and yours.

Larry
    W4LML 20mtrs

Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast