I have a Sabre 408, and i am having trouble with travel speed. No matter what i program in ART Path, the machine will travel up and down the table at the correct speed, (Although the value i put in is not the same as the real travel speed for some reason) but side to side across the gantry it wants to go way too fast. like almost 2x the speed. which chews up the metal and breaks the bit.

It can cut a part, and when it moves onto the next one, it just wants to do it in high speed...

Also when setting the table Z, you can program the thickness in ART, it'll still plunge into the table so we have to measure off the material, and add a few thousandths to that, and then set that as the table instead of material, and that seems to work. Anyways...

I am not entirely sure what is wrong with the travel/cut speed. I am hoping this is an operator error, and something isn't wrong with the machine since, it worked fine prior to us obtaining the machine. The computer with software is a fresh install so i dont have any previous settings.

Thoughts? Thanks.