Keeping things square

Thread: Keeping things square

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Keeping things square

Just looking to see how people keep things square for maching on their cnc machines.

I have some electronics cases that my friend would like machining. The fronts need to have to have sections cut out for switches and displays but i need to keep them as level as possible.

If you could share some tips and pics of how best to keep the panels level it would be very helpful.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Keeping things square

How you hang on to the cases depends on exactly what you are working with and how big they are. Where possible I put the panel down on the spoilboard and secure it with clamps on the edges and screw the center of the cutouts down to the spoilboard. Work from the back so the panel lays flat.

Here is one I did a while back. Using a combination of edge clamps and screws/washers and moving the screws around as needed, I was able to keep the panel well anchored to the spoilboard as I was working.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Keeping things square-img_1742-jpg  
    Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA