Looking for a CNC'er who's also a capable Swift or Javascript developer

Thread: Looking for a CNC'er who's also a capable Swift or Javascript developer

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Looking for a CNC'er who's also a capable Swift or Javascript developer

Hi everyone! I'm working on a web service to help CNC shops of all sizes with some of the more tedious aspects of CNC. It's early prototype days, so I don't want to reveal what the service is yet, but I'm looking for help getting the prototype up and running.

My background: I'm an EECS grad and professional software developer by day. I currently write iOS apps, but have done the gamut: server, embedded, linux, etc. Several years ago I decided I wanted a CNC mill and bought a Tormach PCNC1100. Then I bought their lathe, then I built a 4'x9' CNC router based on an AvidCNC platform (with my own LinuxCNC-based controller and ClearPath servos).

I lost my job a few weeks ago due to COVID, and decided now is as good a time as any to create this service. It's an idea I've had ever since the fist few weeks using the PCNC1100, and I think it will help us all a lot.

I'm looking for someone who's passionate about CNC and software development, and would be interested in helping out in these early days. It would be for equity, as I barely have enough money to pay rent for the duration of this effort.

It's such a niche, but surely there's someone else out there like me (experienced software developer with substantial passion for and experience with CNC)? Hard to know how to find them, though. Figured posting here might help.

Thanks!