North America Simple 2 axis CNC solution.

Thread: Simple 2 axis CNC solution.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Simple 2 axis CNC solution.

I have an application where I need to cut slots on a product that is 2 feet long. A simple 2 axis operation
    would get the job done. The problem I'm having is finding something that will work and not be overkill.I
    would like to program by the move and learn method. Jog to a point, make a cut and store the position.
    I won't be using the CNC for any other application. If anyone knows of a product out there that would
    work for this please advise.
    I was wondering if the Mach3 pendant would do the jog and store function.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Simple 2 axis CNC solution.

Theres a lot missing from your description that would have been helpful in giving a useful answer.You describe the job as a 2 axis operation,why?Keep in mind that you might need to change the tool and a replacement might not sit at precisely the same depth.The product is described as 2 feet long,no mention of width,and we don't know which way the slot(s) run or the width of the piece.We also don't know the material to be cut and the machine that works well on light foam won't be the one you might choose for cast iron.It might be that its the world's greatest un-patented mousetrap and you don't want competitors to know about it,but more information would give you a better chance of a useful answer.