WorkBee 1515 for metal and hard wood

Thread: WorkBee 1515 for metal and hard wood

Downloads
    Uploads

Default WorkBee 1515 for metal and hard wood

Hi, I'm new to CNC machines, I have a project which requires the precise milling of hard wood and the cutting of .5mm aluminium inlay, could the workbee do this? my understanding is altho its a relative cheap machine that as long as I go really slow it should work, Ive looked on YouTube at people ''Testing'' the machine, but all they do is cut some basic shapes in ply wood. I need to know how accurate and reliable the machine is, any here have experience with open builds machines? in particular the workable 1010 or 1515.

Thanks,
    Sean.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: WorkBee 1515 for metal and hard wood

I'm no expert but have experience with a smaller extruded aluminum machine. With those long extrusion beams, you will be seeing a fair amount of flex so you'd have to run with a pretty shallow DOC, slow ramps and relatively slow speeds, especially on metal but even for hardwood. a 1010 would be a bit better but still pretty limiting.

btw, I assume you are talking about the screw driven workbee and not the belt design.