Just in case your interested... I've start making some videos on some of my hobby projects to share on YouTube. I'm hoping various projects may prove interesting to folks.

I have a small machine shop with the topical manual machines and a couple of CNC's. Lately I've been doing quite a lot on old Mechanical Calculators & Adding Machines. I figured some folks maybe interested in seeing other mechanical devices. Where to share my hobby projects is a bit of a mystery I've been on CNCzone for years & would think folks here would be interested in machinery other than machine tools. But were else to find folks interested in such odd mechanical interests I haven't figured out.

The YouTube channel is called The ID of ED

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtB...mKJbA/featured

My latest project involves a 1917 Burroughs Class 1 Adding & Listing Machine. It's quite an impressive machine with really cool glass windows that show all it's incredible mechanisms inside. The project spans 4 videos, going from my introduction of the machine as found through all the steps to get the machine working and cleaned up and looking nice again.

Burroughs Class 1 Adding Machine Eps. 1 Intro & get basic add & sub running

This video is the first of a series covering a Burroughs class 1 adding machine. This episode I introduce the machine and explore its condition and go from knowing very little about the machine to learning how cool and remarkable the machine is.

Burroughs Class 1 Adding Machine Eps. 2 Carriage Work & Machine Demos

This is the second video on the Burroughs Class 1 Adding Machine. In this episode I explore the carriage & print head system. Do some lubrication & repairs. Most of all sort out and understand the machine some more. This adding machine is quite a bit more complex and has a lot more features than what you would expect from a classic adding machine.

Burroughs Class 1 Adding Machine Eps 3 Cleaning the keyboard felt

This video is part 3, working on my 1917 Burroughs Class 1 Adding & Listing Machine. In this episode I work on cleaning the keyboard of the Adding machine. The machine has this very nice green felt covering the top surface, below the key buttons. To clean between the buttons and key stems necessitated the design & 3D printing of small cleaning wands.

Burroughs Class 1 Eps 4 Cleaning the machine up

This video is part 4, working on the Burroughs Class 1 Adding & Listing Machine. In this episode I work on cleaning the case with with the marvelous windows and overall the outside of the Adding machine. I go over some cleaning methods and cleaning agents.

If you look at any let me know what you think of them. Refinements, and or if their any good or just rubbish.

The YouTube channel is call “The ID of ED” the address is at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtB...mKJbA/featured

Maybe subscribe and see what I'm up to if interested.

- Ed