Secondhand value and other questions regarding Elektor/Colinbus profiler CNC machine.

Thread: Secondhand value and other questions regarding Elektor/Colinbus profiler CNC machine.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Secondhand value and other questions regarding Elektor/Colinbus profiler CNC machine.

Hello all!

I am very new to CNC in general, and i have recently been offered to buy from what i understand is an unused Elektor/Colinbus profiler CNC machine, this machine is now 12 years old and did back then cost 1599 euros to buy as a kit.
    Today the Colinbus company dose not exist, and Elektor do no longer sell the profiler machine, support, service or carry spare parts for it.

It there anyone here who can give me a hint of the value of such a machine today, or maybe its not a even a good purchase at all?

I would also like to come in contact with anyone who has any experience with this CNC machine regarding the following:

How reliable it is?
    If its difficult to work with the compatible software, and the machine in general?
    What types of task is it capable of preforming?
    And anything else really that is good to know about this machine.

I hope someone can help me with these questions.

Thanks!

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Secondhand value and other questions regarding Elektor/Colinbus profiler CNC mach

A twelve-year old hobby-class kit machine from a company that's no longer in business is not worth much. Is it actually working right now? Consider it as a collection of used parts and don't pay more than you would for the parts separately. You'd be better off buying new parts and building your own machine from scratch; then at least you're starting fresh and will be able to source replacement parts for whatever you build, and won't have to struggle with obsolete software and electronics.

[FONT=Verdana]Andrew Werby[/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.computersculpture.com/"]Website[/URL]

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Secondhand value and other questions regarding Elektor/Colinbus profiler CNC mach

Thank you for that answer!

Just what i needed to hear.