New/latest laptops a bit junk

Thread: New/latest laptops a bit junk

Downloads
    Uploads

Default New/latest laptops a bit junk

I am really miffed about new machines now.
    It's all gone more about energy efficiency in Europe (just like vacuum cleaners that can't suck a pea off a carpet) .
    The power of the cpu,s has gone backwards and a lot of them are terribly slow!!!!

I just bought a Dell 15 3000 with AMD Ryzen 5 from Currys while on offer. The processor was much better/more responsive than the new i5's!.
    Should easily enough handle some cad parts. I don't really do much in terms of full assemblies.

I am using a refurbed Dell Latitude E5430 (i3 8gb ram) atm and it's a cracking buy for less than £100.
    Handles my cad parts quite well and excellent for browsing net etc.
    Tbf unless doing major cad files/assemblies, gaming or proper animation work it is all you need.

Similar Threads:

Default Re: New/latest laptops a bit junk

I'm confused, are you angry or satisfied?

Downloads
    Uploads

No, he's miffed...that is a bit less than peeved and less again than pissed off and totally far from ropeable.

He's found things to be satisfactorily adequate.

I agree that these low wattage CPU's are terrible leaving something to be desired. At the same time, outside of CAM, photo processing, video processing, my 8 year old MacBook pro runs like a freight train. My 4 year old MacBook pro is better for those things. Both of those have distinct GPU's., 16gb RAM, ssd's.

Solid state drives make a huge difference, especially with older hardware or cheaper hardware. And I do think low grade laptops are just that, low grade.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

You probably can get your system upgraded.