excessive electric noise on Hitachi wj200

Thread: excessive electric noise on Hitachi wj200

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default excessive electric noise on Hitachi wj200

Hello,

I am having trouble solving the excessive electric noise error on my Hitachi wj200. See attachments for pictures.

The shield is only grounded on the vdf side. I did this by exposing the shield, then i found a piece of 18awg wire stripped both side. On one side i rapped the stripped wire around the shield and used tape to hold it in place. On the other end i combined it with the spindle cable ground lead and screwed them both to the ground terminal in the VDF. see pic .....677 The yellow wire is the shield ground.

I did not ground the shield on the spindle side. see pic ...678

I used the ground wire from the spindle cable. To ground the spindle see pic ... spindle ground

pic ...423 shows the power connection. i used a 3 prong dryer cable. I did not use a power filter.

pic ...442 shows the spindle connection based on spindle plug wiring diagram pic.

Thanks

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails excessive electric noise on Hitachi wj200-dscf2423-jpg   excessive electric noise on Hitachi wj200-dscf2422-jpg   excessive electric noise on Hitachi wj200-dscf4677-jpg   excessive electric noise on Hitachi wj200-dscf4678-jpg  

excessive electric noise on Hitachi wj200-spindle-ground-jpg   excessive electric noise on Hitachi wj200-spindle-plug-wiring-diagram-png  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: excessive electric noise on Hitachi wj200

Quote Originally Posted by bryo14 View Post
    Hello,

I am having trouble solving the excessive electric noise error on my Hitachi wj200. See attachments for pictures.

The shield is only grounded on the vdf side. I did this by exposing the shield, then i found a piece of 18awg wire stripped both side. On one side i rapped the stripped wire around the shield and used tape to hold it in place. On the other end i combined it with the spindle cable ground lead and screwed them both to the ground terminal in the VDF. see pic .....677 The yellow wire is the shield ground.

I did not ground the shield on the spindle side. see pic ...678

I used the ground wire from the spindle cable. To ground the spindle see pic ... spindle ground

pic ...423 shows the power connection. i used a 3 prong dryer cable. I did not use a power filter.

pic ...442 shows the spindle connection based on spindle plug wiring diagram pic.

Thanks
    The cable you have is double shielded, this is good for a stationery cable but no good for a moving /bending cable, the aluminum foil will crack after a few cycles so will not be working very well as a shield, so who ever is selling this for any moving Axes where the cable is constantly moving, then buyers should be aware that this cable is not suitable for spindles or any axes that have cable movement

The spindle photo the cable can not be exposed like that the black outside of the cable insulation needs to be inside the cable grip restraint, the cable most likely is to big to fit in the spindle connecter you have, the shielded cable you have is also incorrect you can't use a white wire as a power wire unless it is covered with shrink tubing red or black on both ends this may not be possible as that would give you even less room for the wires in the plug

It is an electrical code violation to use a white wire as a Power Hot / Active wire

The Grounding of the shield also can not have a tail added it needs to be clamped around the shield like in these photos there are many ways to clamp the shield, at the spindle end the shield need to be Grounded to the connector which in turn is Grounded to the Spindle

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails excessive electric noise on Hitachi wj200-grounding-shields-3-png   excessive electric noise on Hitachi wj200-grounding-shields-5-png   excessive electric noise on Hitachi wj200-shield-clamp-3-png  
    Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: excessive electric noise on Hitachi wj200

Here is the cable you can use made by IGUS CF6-15-04 this is the cheapest one they make that suits these spindles

IGUS 1 800 521 2747

Just changing the cable my not fix your problem, although it will help, if your shields are correctly terminated, so you could try and correct with the cable you have to start with

If you are mounting the VFD in a metal cabinet or on a metal mounting plate 1/8" aluminum, Ground this plate to the input power supply Ground, then you have a good place to Ground the VFD to Spindle Cable Shield

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails excessive electric noise on Hitachi wj200-chainflex-cf6-pdf  
    Mactec54