Vytek Special FX Laser Help

Thread: Vytek Special FX Laser Help

Default Vytek Special FX Laser Help

Hello all. I am a newbie to cnc lasers. I recently inherited in very good condition with low time Vytek Special FX laser. The only software that could be located for the machine was Photograv 3. I have the software installed on a dedicated Dell tower with an XP 32 bit os. Manuals were also found. It looks like a good program for laser applications. After checking the Laserworx software could not be found. I have powered up the machine and can move the table and X&Y axis motors. I also powered up the laser and that appears to be ready to cut. That is as far as I was able to get.
    After a call to Vytek I must say was a bit shocking as they wanted $3200.00 for software and limited phone support. That seems a very high price just to see if the laser will fire. Does anyone have any alternative software to drive the Vytek that I can obtain to see if the laser still functions?
    Any input and help would be greatly appreciated.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Vytek Special FX Laser Help

I've got one as well. The previous owner, I believe said, it will work directly with his auto CAD system. I think it would work with any CAD program. any chance you know the model number? the first 4 digits are unrecognizable, but it ends in 136. Looks like it was written in marker.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Vytek Special FX Laser Help

Hi, I am in the same boat now as you were a while ago.
    I would like to change the controller out if neccasary. How did you fix your problem in the end?
    mine is an MX3 3624 I would like to get running with out the ridiculous vytek bill