Hi Everyone

Thread: Hi Everyone

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Hi Everyone

I've passed through this site a few times.
    Started life in a family automotive machine shop, Boring, milling cutting etc. Went on to become HVAC engineer NYC. Started my own HVAC service company in 86.
    About a year ago got an offer I just couldn't refuse.
    I am now a PM running maintenance services for the USMC at 10 Bases from Maine to Va. I still have my business running, but the staff is running it.
    Purchased an X2 a few months ago, I was telling a neighbor who I know was a retired machinist, About 3 days later he called me and told me he was helping his brother's painting biz, and the customer had a
    Maximat 7 lathe with a milling head on it.
    He said the best part was the guy had a basement full of stock, and just wanted to have it all removed, and make room in the basement. All FREE!
    2 Pick up truck trips later, hundreds of pieces of tool steel, bronze, brass, aluminum, Titanium, stainless, you name it it was there, chunks, blocks, plastics, delrin, nylon abs, billetts, tubes and more.
    Unbelievable.

My first project was to cut a new tumbler gear for the lathe. I've got lots of plans, and limited time due to my site visits all over.Hi Everyone-img_20180422_104128-jpg

So I am here to hone some of my old skills, and have some fun.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hi Everyone-img_20180422_104128-jpg