North America stepper motor, driver, and ball screw to controller configuration.

Thread: stepper motor, driver, and ball screw to controller configuration.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default stepper motor, driver, and ball screw to controller configuration.

Hi Everyone

was wondering if anyone has the same stepper motor, driver and screw configuration that I have.
    I am having a hard time figuring out correct axis configuration in my Masso controller (it is a new cool cnc controller it works like Mach 3) ... ?

1. My x axis and my y axis’s are 852mm total thread length, with a 5mm lead, 480mm travel ball screws.
    2. My Z axis is a 150mm total thread length, 2mm lead, 100mm travel ball screw.
    3. My stepper motors are all: Nema23 57BYGH115-003B DUAL SHAFT 3A 425oz-in 115mm 1.8degree 2Phase
    4. All drivers are same as longs… DQ542MA drivers.

If any one knows the best dip switch settings, homing and x, y, z axis calibration settings it would be of great help. I am still in need of help with this.

For all 3 axis’s

1. Motor: distance per revolution: in mm -( I have the X and Y leads at 5 mm one revolution?)
    2. Drive: pulses per revolution… I know this depends upon the dip switch settings. I am not sure what is the optimum.??
    3. Max feedrate: in mm: (I can’t seem to find what is best)
    4. Acceleration mm/sec?2: (I can’t seem to find what is best)
    5. Travel min: in mm: (I have at 0.00 mm)
    6. Travel max: in mm: (I have put x and y at 450 mm to be safe?)

Please see the image attached for the specs on the motors, drivers and ballscrews?

The thing is, I am new to CNC I need all the help I can get.
    thanks in advance to anyone who can help me ya-all!

GOKane