What is the cheapest 5-axis CNC to work with steel and titanium...?

Thread: What is the cheapest 5-axis CNC to work with steel and titanium...?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default What is the cheapest 5-axis CNC to work with steel and titanium...?

Hello

What is the cheapest 5-axis CNC machine able to work properly with steel or titanium?
    I'm looking for something compact for my garage.
    I would like to create small to medium sized metal parts with accuracy, such as a gun or a high security lock.

I've read about the PocketNC and most people says it lacks from power and accuracy to work with hard metals.

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by skan; 05-07-2018 at 06:06 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: What is the cheapest 5-axis CNC to work with steel and titanium...?

m

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by skan View Post
    Hello

What is the cheapest 5-axis CNC machine able to work properly with steel or titanium?
    I'm looking for something compact for my garage.
    I would like to create small to medium sized metal parts with accuracy, such as a gun or a high security lock.

I've read about the PocketNC and most people says it lacks from power and accuracy to work with hard metals.
    https://www.haascnc.com/machines/ver...s/umc-750.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo442 View Post
    Hi.

This is neither small nor cheap.

I need to be ablo to create things such as

Last edited by skan; 05-07-2018 at 06:54 PM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

if you can afford a Fanuc robo-drill with 4th 5th option

By stating "properly" you are automatically going up like 5 price ranges. Even something mildly hobby grade is going to struggle. Then you add in 4th and 5th axis and things are going to really get expensive. Even something used is likely going to be in the tens of thousands. If you can live with three axis or even just four then you will have a lot more to look at.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by CL_MotoTech View Post
    By stating "properly" you are automatically going up like 5 price ranges. Even something mildly hobby grade is going to struggle. Then you add in 4th and 5th axis and things are going to really get expensive. Even something used is likely going to be in the tens of thousands. If you can live with three axis or even just four then you will have a lot more to look at.
    What about something like the Tormach PCNC 440?
    Many people here seems to like it.

I just want to create medium-size things such as

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello Skan. Without being uncharitable to you, I suggest that your lack of knowledge about all aspects of your question is broad, and this fact makes your question contradictory, and therefore difficult to answer.

The best thing that you can do to put yourself in a situation to be able to reach some answers is to enroll yourself in some program where you can get some basic practical machining experience, and also learn some basics about materials and different machining processes and types of machines, and the various constraints/limitations of such.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by CL_MotoTech View Post
    What about Aliexpress 5axis CNC machines? Is it better one of their 3000$ machines or a PocketNC?