Machine recommendations

Thread: Machine recommendations

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Machine recommendations

So as I have been looking through more CNC Mills than I can count From every well known to off-brand make you could think of, and others you've never heard of. I've come to terms with what I actually would like to have now. After 2 machines slipped through my fingers, probably for the best though.

I really only needed to meet 3 specifications. My budget is $7500.

1. Must be able to enter a doorway that is only 84" in total height. If things can be easily removed to meet this, I am open to that.

2. Automatic tool changer, I've realized that the majority of things I make need at least a few tools. I would really like to be able to run the machine, and get work done elsewhere without worrying about a manual tool change somewhere in the runtime.

3. The ability to run G-Code derived from a CAM software. Featurecam, Mastercam, whatever...

It would be nice if the machine had the ability to accept a 4th axis. Just in case in the future I did a production run of something that would be more efficiently ran with a 4th axis. This is definitely not a requirement. But it would help me decide between one machine or another if everything else was similar.