Need help with my stepper motor

Thread: Need help with my stepper motor

igor031

Default Need help with my stepper motor

So guys hello to all,
    I am currently building my own CNC machine, and I am having some issues with one of my stepper motor. It is acting wierd, when i use him i hear clicking noise from it but no movement. If anyone can help me i would be more than happy. Iits 4 wire and i think he have 5 amps and i currently running him on 40 volts.

Similar Threads:

Default Re: Need help with my stepper motor

Are you certain that you have the polarity of both coils correct with your driver? If you've reversed polarity on one of the coils, it won't behave as expected. Check the wiring diagram for the motor, and for your controller, usually it'll be something like A+, A-, B-, B+ (At least for 3D printer controllers, it's most often like this.)

Check continuity of your motor wires. There should be 2 separate coils. If the coils are correct, try reversing the polarity of one pair, and see if your motor turns then.

igor031

Hello, thanks for replaying my post.
    So im not sure how to check did i turned + or - the right way, i check with connecting each wire together with another wire and i connected all poles in the right way, but i am now sure how to check + or - .
    Thanks for all help.