Hi everyone

Thread: Hi everyone

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Hi everyone

Hi from the Netherlands,

I am planning to buy a CNC mill. Mainly for modelbuilding purposes. There's a number of things I'd like to do, varying from milling wood as well as brass and aluminium.
    The plan was to buy a Stepcraft 420/2, but after doing a lot of research I'm now leaning towards a 6040T. Those are maybe not without flaw, but there is a lot you can do to upgrade and the base of it all seems to be OK.

So now I'm "digging into the subject" and trying to learn as much as I can. Issue with reading all these CNS posts is, these are often from people who's requirements are a lot higher than I probably ever will have. So I'm trying to sort what is really important, and what I can live with.
    Anyway, reading all your experiences and advise is very informative and I thank you for it. I hope, maybe some day, I'll be able to help others in turn.

Regards, Arjan

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Hi everyone

Dig into the differences between mills and routers. Mills are what you need for machining metals like brass. Routers are used for wood. Aluminum straddles the gap - the most rigid routers can cut it more or less effectively.

[FONT=Verdana]Andrew Werby[/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.computersculpture.com/"]Website[/URL]