Need help choosing cnc kit

Thread: Need help choosing cnc kit

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question Need help choosing cnc kit

I bough a hurco hawk 5 bridge port style machine with the electronic not working. All mechanical stuff works (spindle, ball screws ect)

I'm going to use ClearPath's SDSK series servo motors for this machine and would just like someone to double check my work and see if everything will be compatible.

-Links to componants

The machine is 5mm per revolution and the servos will be driven at a 1:1 ratio. The servos are powered so I don't need a microstepper driver. The input voltage range on the servos are 5vdc-24vdc.

Will all of these parts go together using mach 3 software, and is 150 khz high enough speed to do dynamic milling and 3d surfacing?

Thanks in advance, I know you guys can help.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Need help choosing cnc kit

A UC100 is only capable of 100Khz, not 15Khz0. I'd recommend a UC400ETH, rather than the UC100.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    A UC100 is only capable of 100Khz, not 15Khz0. I'd recommend a UC400ETH, rather than the UC100.
    Thanks for your reply. It looks like the frequency is on the motion controller you suggested is 400KHz. The C11 board i posted is 150 KHz. Will it lower the KHz from the motion controller to the servo, or will it pass through without dropping? If it does drop, can you recommend a break out board that can do 4+ I/O, 5 axis, output voltage anywhere from 5vdc to 24vdc, and can push 400KHz. I don't even know if that's possible.
    Cost is a factor but I'd be willing to spend enough money to get it put together well. Thanks!

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by tristanlobb View Post
    Thanks for your reply. It looks like the frequency is on the motion controller you suggested is 400KHz. The C11 board i posted is 150 KHz. Will it lower the KHz from the motion controller to the servo, or will it pass through without dropping? If it does drop, can you recommend a break out board that can do 4+ I/O, 5 axis, output voltage anywhere from 5vdc to 24vdc, and can push 400KHz. I don't even know if that's possible.
    Cost is a factor but I'd be willing to spend enough money to get it put together well. Thanks!
    I think the best is to ask the manufacturer of the C10 and the servos.
    In the UC400ETH you can set the frequency to not only 400kHz, but you can select 200kHz or 100kHz or 50kHz or 25kHz.