New to the site

Thread: New to the site

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default New to the site

Hi every one I am new to the site, I am retired (in body not mind) after working
    in education for over 40+ years creating on line learning materials now it's time to
    have some fun for myself.

I am slightly spoiled as I have access to a large flat bed CNC machine and a laser engraver (my wife runs a sign shop)

She kindly donated me a DAHLGREN Wizzard 2000 and I believe it is the ST version (the one without the keyboard attached)
    can post pics latter.

My plan is to drag it into the modern age as some of the motors don't work and the interface is ancient and I have no
    software for it either as it has been in a cupboard for the last few years so any help would be great.

Apologies for the long introduction
    IanT

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: New to the site

I guess you need a CNC controller board to retrofit the machine`s electronics then use a modern PC to drive it, though there are USB versions of CNC controllers in the market but it has some instability issues, parallel port versions are more tougher in terms of controlling CNC machines >>> 4Axis TB6560 3.5A Stepper Motor Driver Board CNC Controller board For CNC router | eBay I even used this kind of CNC board to retrofit a Holz-Her 20 foot ATC CNC machine to update it to a modern CNC, it`s a german CNC machine that only do outlining or pocketing CNC jobs, it took me two weeks to convert it due to its enormous motors with 3 phase 380V.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: New to the site

Many thanks for the info I will pick the machine up later this week and post a few more details and picks
    but this is a great start.