new guy

Thread: new guy

Downloads
    Uploads

Default new guy

hi peeps

just popping in to say hi, I have a new cnc router and looking for ways to use it. I have a few jobs in mind related to boats as I work in the marine trade but also I bought the machine as a fun toy as well as a business tool.
    the machine is really well built and is very rigid, the price was great too. 2500 euros delivered to the UK from Bratislava it is a Cau Cau 1000GS (600x900) and came with mach3, Cut2D, 800w HF spindle and a few tools, some router bits and basically works out of the box.
    A far better deal I think than the Chinese machines and better built too, I don't work for Cau Cau :-) check them out here Cau Cau I think I got a great deal

I'm hoping to learn a great deal on cnczone, there is one fun project I hope to do which is make a model of Peter Griffin encased in Carbonite as seen in the Family Guy Star Wars episode if anyone could help me out there that would be great .. :-)

Richard

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: new guy

If you can find (or make) the model of Griffin, then you can download the free trial of Rhino3D and use the Drape command to encase it.

[FONT=Verdana]Andrew Werby[/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.computersculpture.com/"]Website[/URL]

Downloads
    Uploads

Hiya
    Thanks for that info I will look into it, i have Aspire but still learning how to use it. i've been cutting vinyl stickers for a long while so not finding it very hard .. yet :-)

Downloads
    Uploads

I am looking at that Kompas H 1000 GS kit for our foundation at a little over 1,000 euro.
    I want to do the electric myself.
    There is a youtube video series on it by a certain 'John Ward' from the UK. It is in 8 or 9 parts.

So how is the stiffness of the machine?

Irish Chippy Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9au5WqhB_BQUcEn-VCMHaw?

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Richard

I appreciate its a while since you posted about your machine.

I have been researching machinery and have an interest in one fron Cau Cau but can’t find much feedback on the quality of the equipment and the service/communication standards are from the company so if you could give any guidance I would appreciate it.

I have primarily been making comparisons between Cau Cau and some of the China offerings. My perception being that the engineering from Cau Cau is a higher standard and that communication could potentially be better.

Regards

Nick.