Anyone know BCAMCNC company? Thanks in advance - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone know BCAMCNC company? Thanks in advance

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Anyone know BCAMCNC company? Thanks in advance

BCAMCNC is a good company. But they just good at marketing and lying. Try their best to let you believe the so called "high quality" and "best after-sale service". After you received the machine you would know it's ridiculous?rubbish. Blue Elephant is a better choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Davybil2004 View Post
    BCAMCNC is a good company. But they just good at marketing and lying. Try their best to let you believe the so called "high quality" and "best after-sale service". After you received the machine you would know it's ridiculous?rubbish. Blue Elephant is a better choice.
    I have a BCAMCNC Router, the build quality is good, but the service is horrific.

I lost the settings for the RichAuto controller (pretty common occurrence) and RichAuto was very helpful about getting the default program reloaded, but BCAM can't be bothered to send me the machine specific settings after repeated requests.

Needless to say, this means that I have a $15k+ boat anchor taking up a significant amount of shop space for over a year. The process of trying to get this machine up and running... I'd probably be better off building my own machine, and local people that work on these types of machines don't know anything about this machine.

I also have two CamMaster stingers, and at least they have a decent user support forum.

Hi Everyone, I'm operating a medium size woodworking shop in Germany for extreme hi-end furniture. Although we are using mainly only European branded machinery like Homag, Weeke, Martin etc. I decided 12 yesars ago to try a CNhinese CNC router. Travelled to Jinan, visited some factory, and finally bought 3 routers. This was NOT BCAMCNC factory. Spent just 1/5 of what it would have cost in Germany. All the machines worked somehow so far, and we could learn about standard CN Quality, CN controllers etc. After I got the notice that company went bancrupt in Jinan, one of the sales persons recommended BCAM CNC. I sold all prior machines in working status, no losses made. Ordered one BCAM 1224. Machine worked perfect. Sold that after 2 years, bought a BCAM 1325. Different controller, RichAuto this time. I didn't like that too much. Machine worked fine over all. Sold the machine, odered a BCAM 1530 with all the bells and whistles. This machine works up to date since 1.5 years pretty well. All failures have been caused by ourselves.
    So, is BCAM a good company to be recommended? Yes, I would say so. I sold all machines I've got from them mostly for the price I paid, but used them quite a bit. We are not doing mass production, but specially the CNC router sometimes runs under heavy load for 10 hrs per day. Then standing still for a week, then being really squeezed for some shifts. BCAM delivered always on time. So I got what I paid for. Programming and opreations are different from European machines, but that's a issue of training employees. After sales is a bit problematic sometimes, as the BCAM engineers don't talk native English. But we alkways finally got any problems solved.
    Best thing is, I never got any issues with customers who bought my used machines, so they seem to be happy.
    For me - it's not a bad decision. Would buy again from them.

Downloads
    Uploads

Unfortunately we bought a custom BCM2030D CNC from this company with drill bank and C-axis and it is a nightmare to use. Some of the issues we had so far in 8 months of minimal use:
    1. We ordered with a controller (an optional extra) and it came with a cheaper one
    2. We asked for more advanced vacuum pumps, they delivered the standard ones.
    3. After we installed it, we asked for support in creating a post processor for it, they were unable to help. The machine is only delivered with post processor for Spindle only. If you have a drill bank or a C axis they don't know how to make it or guide you in creating one from scratch. So currently we can only use the spindle function.
    4. The build quality is awful. We had to unscrew most of the screws and put Locktight on them because they keep getting loose and fall over. Also lots of screws were misaligned with the holes or had the thread broken
    5. We replaced the Z axis screw and bearings because the one on the machine broke the bearings and locked the Z axis. We had to make a custom backplate because the one from factory caused the Z axis screw to misalign and pus pressure on the main bearing.
    6. We had to adjust all sort of configurations from ATC positions, Sensors, limits because nothing was working properly:
    - The machine was giving "positive limit reached" when trying to go to home position or measure tool
    - The ATC coordinates were all wrong : it almost broke the tool magazine when it wanted to change tools because of the misalignment, dropped the tools on the floor .
    7. We schedule a video call with support. And during the call the "support lady" was walking on the street socializing with every person she met while we were waiting for her "guidance".
    8. Nothing "precise" at this CNC machine, nothing fits, it has to be constantly calibrated in order to somehow work
    9. Did I mention "support".... worst support ever. They barely speak english, they are unprepared to support what they sell. They do not offer help, you get hints, at best.

Overall the machine seems like it was built in a shed although it was not cheap at all (we opted for HSD spindle, drillbank and C Axis). So I won't recommend his company to anyone.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12