AND ALWAYS REMEMBER Gets you thinking

Thread: AND ALWAYS REMEMBER Gets you thinking

WallCrawler

Default AND ALWAYS REMEMBER Gets you thinking

AND ALWAYS REMEMBER Gets you thinking.
    POST 9-11 (His wife recently died...)
    Isn't it amazing that George Carlin - mouthy comedian of the 70's
    and 80's could write something so very eloquent ... and so very appropriate post 9-11.

Remember; spend some time with your loved ones, because they are not going to be around forever. Remember, say a kind word to someone who looks up to you in awe, because that little person soon will grow up and leave your side.
    Remember, to give a warm hug to the one next to you, because that is the only treasure you can give with your heart and it doesn't cost a cent.
    Remember, to say, "I love you" to your partner and your loved ones, but most of all mean it. A kiss and an embrace will mend hurt when it comes from deep inside of you.
    Remember to hold hands and cherish the moment for someday that person will not be there again. Give time to love, give time to speak, and give time to share the precious thoughts in your mind.
    HOW TO STAY YOUNG
    1. Throw out nonessential numbers. This includes age, weight and height.
    2. Keep only cheerful friends. The grouches pull you down.
    3. Keep learning. Learn more about the computer, crafts, gardening, whatever. Never let the brain idle. “An idle mind is the devil's workshop." And the devil's name is Alzheimer's.
    4. Enjoy the simple things.
    5. Laugh often, long and loud. Laugh until you gasp for breath.
    6. The tears happen. Endure, grieve, and move on. The only person, who is with us our entire life, is ourselves. Be ALIVE while you are alive.
    7. Surround yourself with what you love, whether it's family, pets, keepsakes, music, plants, and hobbies, whatever. Your home is your refuge.
    8. Cherish your health: If it is good, preserve it. If it is unstable, improve it. If it is beyond what you can improve, get help.
    9. Don't take guilt trips. Take a trip to the mall, to the next county, to a foreign country, but NOT to where the guilt is.
    10. Tell the people you love that you love them, at every opportunity.

AND ALWAYS REMEMBER:
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. If you don't send this to at least 8 people....who cares?
    -George Carlin