Digital read out - anyone use "Ditron" on eBay or recommend other?

Thread: Digital read out - anyone use "Ditron" on eBay or recommend other?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Digital read out - anyone use "Ditron" on eBay or recommend other?

Wondering if anyone has experience with "Ditron" digital readouts, available on eBay or drokits.com. I've tried to contact the seller, they are obvously cheap-o imported and likely selling out of a warehouse in California. The one thing I don't know is if you can scale the input. We need to use a special scale with 318 LPI (lines per inch) and need to be able to scale this to get inches or mm on the display.

Does anyone know if their units have that capability or can you recommend another readout? Need 5 VDC signal input, ability to scale the input, 4-digit resolution, MM/inch and a zero function. Only need one axis.

Thanks!
    Biederboat

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Digital read out - anyone use "Ditron" on eBay or recommend other?

Downloads
    Uploads

I sell the Ditron scales and displays and I have not had any issues with them. The company in California most likely does not understand what you are asking for.

I am almost positive that Ditron cannot offer a scale with 318LPI. 99% of the scales made today are "line per millimeter - LPM" If you are going to use a display, why do you need that exact line pitch? Are you trying to reach a particular resolution?

Are you replace a existing scale? If so, who is the maker and model number?

Regards,
    Tim
    LMSC

Quote Originally Posted by biederboat View Post
    Wondering if anyone has experience with "Ditron" digital readouts, available on eBay or drokits.com. I've tried to contact the seller, they are obvously cheap-o imported and likely selling out of a warehouse in California. The one thing I don't know is if you can scale the input. We need to use a special scale with 318 LPI (lines per inch) and need to be able to scale this to get inches or mm on the display.

Does anyone know if their units have that capability or can you recommend another readout? Need 5 VDC signal input, ability to scale the input, 4-digit resolution, MM/inch and a zero function. Only need one axis.

Thanks!
    Biederboat

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi, we need to fit the scale into a relatively short and confined space but we can put together our own and that's the line count we have. I know the scales they offer don't have 318 LPI, but can the input be scaled so that we can read MM or inches of off whatever line count the scale is? I'm not an expert at integrating these when everything's not just "off the shelf" but I'm fairly certain that the DRO has to be able to "scale" the inputs it's seeing so that they display units are correct, agreed? Any chance you have a manual on the DRO you could send me if I PM you my email address? You might make a sale if I can determine it will work!

Thanks,
    BB

Downloads
    Uploads

BB,

Please PM your e-mail address. I can send you a manual and other information.

Regards,
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by biederboat View Post
    Hi, we need to fit the scale into a relatively short and confined space but we can put together our own and that's the line count we have. I know the scales they offer don't have 318 LPI, but can the input be scaled so that we can read MM or inches of off whatever line count the scale is? I'm not an expert at integrating these when everything's not just "off the shelf" but I'm fairly certain that the DRO has to be able to "scale" the inputs it's seeing so that they display units are correct, agreed? Any chance you have a manual on the DRO you could send me if I PM you my email address? You might make a sale if I can determine it will work!

Thanks,
    BB