UK, north of London

Thread: UK, north of London

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default UK, north of London

I'm Adrian,

I have a longish background in control systems and machining, but haven't yet put them together into a useful CNC machine. I have collected various actuators and other parts, so I'm looking to find out which are worth keeping while I put together a 3-axis machine.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: UK, north of London

I've built a CNC machine from actuators; they typically have a high-quality ballscrew pre-aligned with a slide mounted in a rigid extrusion, and can often be bought for less than their component parts. All I needed to do was construct a rigid frame to hold them and machine some plates to screw them together, and I had a pretty good-sized router. See if you've got all you need for X, Y and Z, and think of how they'd fit together.UK, north of London-beauty17-jpg

[FONT=Verdana]Andrew Werby[/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.computersculpture.com/"]Website[/URL]

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yes, that's what I have in mind. I've got 200 and 300mm slides with motors and various ideas for the 3rd axis. I originally bought some makerslide for that but think it's going to be too lightweight.

What are the pros and cons of gantry vs. moving bed ?

Downloads
    Uploads

A gantry saves space. A moving bed is more stable. With a fixed bridge/moving bed design you can make the bridge as heavy as you want.

[FONT=Verdana]Andrew Werby[/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.computersculpture.com/"]Website[/URL]

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by artag View Post
    I'm Adrian,

I have a longish background in control systems and machining, but haven't yet put them together into a useful CNC machine. I have collected various actuators and other parts, so I'm looking to find out which are worth keeping while I put together a 3-axis machine.
    Hey London,
    I wanted to shrare with you galilee33 a beautiful new company that shines light on all Christians.
    visit http://www.galilee33.com/ for more informaion on. kalamata olive tapenade and Unique gift baskets.