Welcome thread-tell us about you. - Page 414

Page 414 of 418 FirstFirst ... 314364404411412413414415416417 ... LastLast
Results 8,261 to 8,280 of 8343

Thread: Welcome thread-tell us about you.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Good afternoon!

I have a spare Mastercam key and I am looking to lease the hardware key to someone who needs it. I would charge a yearly fee to lease the key for your business. I would charge 3500.00 for 1 year of use on the key. Please let me know if there is any interest in my spare key.

Thank you
    Tom

Default Re: Welcome thread-tell us about you.

Hello!
    I'm a hobbyist that just bought a small chinese 3018 CNC a month ago.
    I have no experience in this new area but hope to be able to share my enthousiasm with all at least!
    My hobbies are mostly electronics, mechanics and 3D printing. I hope my small CNC will be able to complement the 3D printer to make boxes for electronics and some mechanical parts in soft material.
    English is not my mothertongue as you certainly noticed!
    So I just registered and hover on the many groups here and I don't know if I'll live longer enough to read all the interesting subjects in this forum
    All the best to everybody!

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi everybody,
    I am fairly new to the CNC world as I was introduced to my first CNC router at my old workplace about a year ago.
    I went to school for an IT degree, and then went on to a master's degree in 3d modeling and animation. Unfortunately, this type of 3d modeling (mesh modeling using Maya or 3dsMax) is completely different than CAD modeling.
    Once I started learning how to use a CNC router, it became an addiction. I love it! And I began to wonder if I went to school for the wrong thing.
    I am now building my own CNC foam router for use in my garage. I'm hoping to start up a small business making all sorts of cool stuff.
    I recently made an 8 foot tall Incredible Hulk out of foam. Since I was using a 3 axis router which cut from only one direction, the top, I had to slice up the Hulk model into about 200 pieces in my 3d modeling program, so that the router could mill all the details I was wanting, and then I slowly pieced him together. It was a fun project and it could not have been better as a crash course for me in the world of cnc routers.
    I wasn't expecting for my project to become what it became, but my Hulk was featured in this year's Salt Lake FanX convention (Comic Con), and he was just purchased last week by the FanX owners for enough money for me to fund my CNC router build.
    The local news did an article on it, for anyone who'd like to see pictures of the foam Hulk.
    https://kutv.com/news/entertainment/artist-channels-the-hulk-to-combat-depression

I hope to learn a lot from you folks as I search through these forums for all the info I need to build my router. Thanks for having me!

Last edited by Volcanus; 10-13-2019 at 01:44 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi, i work in a subcontract machine shop by day and am machining a set of castings to make a road going steam traction engine by night, I got a Bridgeport turret mill and a clochester 2500 master,
    my new addition to the garage is a Fanuc T10 A Robodrill, gotta get it cleaned up and make it look tidy while I wait for the 3 phase to be fit to the garage,
    i hope i bring something to the table!

*Registered User*
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello, Goldfishpro , I built my 4 axis steel and aluminum table CNC Router myself,it has Geiko 540/ Mach3 and it really came out nice looks factory built, , I have Bobcad-cam, but need to learn it, Everything works like its supposed to except the operator ,which is me I am having trouble getting a file loaded in the machine, I ran the roadrunner, it works like it should, but I need some step by step advice on loading a file on to a usb thumbdrive and then in to mach3 or the machine correctly, then I think I will be on my way, can someone please contact me about that ... Ricky # 337 247 6770 Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

Not sure if this is the right way to post a question? I am a woodworker with a year 2000 komo vr510 machIII. We just changed out our y drive and cleaned out the contractors on the x and z drives. With all the drives in ready mode, I am getting a 1352 alarm. Spindle stopped sensor fault. Can someone help me clear this alarm? Any information would be appreciated.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello, I'm looking for advice on NCstudio, if anyone has any expertise here. It has been working fine untill today when the display seems to have gone out of range of the monitor so I'm unable to access the top and bottom commands. I must have clicked something and can't figure how to get it back,
    Thanks in advance for any help.

Hi, I'm a small shop owner, couple Haas and the usual others. I'm interested in the manufacturing history of the U.S. (and the world actually) because I'm constantly astonished what people were able to make without all of the technology we have at our fingertips. Hit me up if you want to talk about running a business or old school manuifacturing (Hardinge, Landis, Bridgeport, that kind of stuff)

Downloads
    Uploads

New to the manufacturing world and looking to gain a little knowledge. Work for a small manufacturer <a href="https://www.novoprecision.com/">Novo Precision</a> and want to make sure we are up to date with our technology. Thanks for the Welcome.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Hello there

Hello, new to the forum here. I am a time served toolmaker of 20 years in the UK. I have moved on to running a workshop in a new role, it's a bit full on at times but a great new challenge. I am enjoying being off the tools full time.

I have joined up to hopefully help out where I can and also to try and get some knowledge on things I need help with.

All the best for now.

Neil

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm new here. And also I am new to CNC, I want to make my own milling machine. I’m interested in everything related to this topic. And I read similar forums. Thanks to the forum and to all the participants, I find here a lot of useful information.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello All,
    Hoping I can learn more about my craft. Maybe give some helpful input!

Hi all,

I've been following IndustryArena on Twitter for a while and so thought it was time to register and hopefully chat to members!

I run a technical translation company working with industrial texts from all across the spectrum, from CNC to Automation. If you know anyone in the field I can help, just email me matt@spofforthtranslation.co.uk.

Cheers all, hope to chat soon.

www.spofforthtranslation.co.uk

Downloads
    Uploads

Just a SEOer engineer now. Try to learn something new here.

Downloads
    Uploads

Alright it’s time to check in. I have a small machine shop specific to early porsche 911 head work. CNC is new to me, I picked up an old Denford mill without any electronics and am converting it to Mach3 so far so good but will need a lot of questions answered.

Hope to build a CNC router table after this to make wood propellers for my SE5a

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Hey I've been on the search for a USA template download to make an anniversary gift . Surprised to find that its been so difficult. Anybody out there have some plans they're willing to share with me?

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi all,
    I am a retired Brit snowbird that spends the summers in the UK and the winters in Florida. This has worked well now for some years and has given me the time to have almost matching workshops at either end.

I got into CNC and find it most rewarding and the learning curve has not been too steep until I ran into a brick wall.
    That wall is producing a full 3d relief carving from a photo.
    Thinking head and shoulders, or the dog, pet parrot, or whatever else the person wants

I want to be able to do this as gifts to friends and family, but if it really works, then perhaps some sales might happen, (If they are good enough).

Research took me to Youtube where I found a man who I took to be an Australian who did a great job with a photo of the Mona Lisa. It looked OK until I saw he used CadCam to move the bitmap greyscale which it then converted it into 3d for tool pathing.
    Great I thought until I found out that CADCAM is now discontinued.

I use Vectric now and it is possible to do this but it is a long and convoluted process that is for now beyond my level.

So my question is this. Is there another programme (Carveco ?) that will do all this the same way as Cadcam. In other words, one step from bitmap to 3d ready to make the toolpaths.

Or am I being a bit naive looking for the impossible? The Holy Grail comes to mind.

Your help with this will be really appreciated.
    Best to all out there

ElderlyGent.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Greetings all, I'm Chris and recently got into cnc milling as a hobby. I'm running a small aluminum ViperX with Mach3 and slowly figuring stuff out as I go. Thanks, for the welcome.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello, Im robert and Ive recently gotten into CNC laser Cutting and Hydraulic stamping.

Ive been using an amada FOM3015 NT and a Prima Industries series laser (really hate using that one, its so finicky and breaks down often)

before I did this I was a draftsman who designed welded steel booths.

I like gaming and playing card games like Magic the gathering.

CNC is really new to me, i kinda like it. operating machines and creating the code for them to cut aint as bad as i thought it might be.

Last edited by KendorCNC; 02-10-2020 at 03:58 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Everyone,

I am a R&D Engineering Manager from a small machine tool repair / rebuild and retrofit company in Pennsylvania. Have lurked for a long time, thought it was time to join and say hi. I have custom built many machines and worked with many manual / NC and CNC machines in the past 23 years. Thanks!

Page 414 of 418 FirstFirst ... 314364404411412413414415416417 ... LastLast