Welcome thread-tell us about you. - Page 409

Page 409 of 418 FirstFirst ... 309359399406407408409410411412 ... LastLast
Results 8,161 to 8,180 of 8343

Thread: Welcome thread-tell us about you.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Welcome thread-tell us about you.

I'm retired. Live in NW Florida. To many hobbies/interests to list. Don't hunt, fish or watch sports. I've had a 40w Chinese Laser for about 5 years. I'm surprised that the tube is still pumping. Bought the AWC708C controller to upgrade the K40 or whatever it actually is. I'm probably going to use the LASER tube and power supply and build everything else from scratch. My only real complaint about the stock 40w cutter/engraver is the small size of the bed area. My plan is to place all of the x-y rails, above the tube so the actual bed is below all of the X-Y hardware. By doing that I will be able to put in any size object on the table and reposition it as needed. The focal point will be below all of the tube, optics, rails, etc. The actual work area will be about 18"x36" (450mm x 900mm), but I'll have openings on the side to load larger material. The table/Z axis will be motorized and I'll be making a rotary adapter. I"m here looking at what other DIYs have done.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi, I'm a woodturner and use a K40 laser engraver to personalize pens, sign the bottom of woodturnings and such. I've modified my K40 by cutting out the bottom and adding movable shelves so that I can get taller work up to the focal point of the print head (or whatever you call it). The machine I ordered was a mess when it arrived and I had to do quite a bit of repair before it worked. Now I am interested in CNC. I have a 9x20" metal lathe and a small milling machine I'd like to convert to CNC. So, I'm looking for advice, and to see what others have done. To see my work go to waltwager.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am semi retired Plastics Injection Molding Company General Manager, Done a lot with mold design and review prior to acceptance of design and purchase. 35 years of experience. I am now developing unique products for which my usual goal is I have no competition and or at least raise the bar if something like it is available. Using direct sales through hobby groups on FB and forums to eliminate overhead cost.

Doug...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi, I entered into this industry 6 years ago as sales, hope to learn more here

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello to everyone, I'm currently working as a production employee in an automotive manufacturing environment. Working in an old jet 1024 and trying to get a replacement for my very small round column harbor freight drill/mill. I spent ten years working in product development and durability testing for a well known American Vtwin motorcycle company prior to going to work at a foreign owned SUV/minivan plant. I was a MMI graduate (still am I guess) and PHD Certified motorcycle mechanic. I have some machining experience and taught myself to be proficient with fusion 360 in order to help/teach my 12y/o son with his 3d printer we built. Currently working on building or buying a better one for him. I live in columbiana Alabama, which is near Birmingham. If anyone knows about any good deals on a 110v mill in this area u don't need a crane to move, please let me know. I was about to order a h.f. 33686 but then found out it's a 5-17 week wait time. May for with a g704. I would like the larger table and more rigidness of the h.f. But I hate round columns and I have a week off in July I would like to use to get it moved I and running.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi, I´m teacher in VET school. Hope to learn from Your expierence, TIA.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi I am a semi-retired electronics technician. I have always been interested in machining as my father was a toolmaker with his own factory so I grew up in a tool room. I am not planning on building a CNC but I do find a lot of useful information on this site.

Downloads
    Uploads

I just realised i didn't get through this thread. Ok then

Hi community . Thanks to this forum i realized my dreams can come true back on 2009. Several years later i am living a dream .

My main occupation was design ( interior ) but my heart was always on the cnc side ...! I am owner of some small and cheaps cnc's including printers (i also have some 3d ones) a co2 40w laser and a openbuild woodworking .

I would like to express my deepest gratitude to all the members who keep this forum a beacon of knowledge.

Be well guys,
    Pavlos

Downloads
    Uploads

Greeting!
    I am interested in maintaining CNC machines and I hope that I will get the necessary help in this forum.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Welcome thread-tell us about you.

Hi all,

I'm new to CNCzone.

Interested in 3D Printing, CNC machining and laser engraving/cutting.

Proud owner of a large scale flat bed laser engraver/cutter and currently building a 3D printer/ CNC milling machine.

Looking forward reading up about all interesting stuff on the forum!

Regards

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi folks,

I'm Montypaks and I'm about to get my first laser cutter... So, I'm here for advise and guidance really

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

my name is herman hugo
    i used to be an applications engineer for a machine company and taught and repaired cincinnati machines with 850sx/a2100/ and know fanuc controls verry well

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

hola soy nicolas .. y tengo una maquina cnc casera .. espero aprender mucho de ustedes.saludos

Downloads
    Uploads

Howdy. Drang MFG here! We build skateboards, Longboards, fishtank lids, and whatever else our 5x8" 3 axis router will let us.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,
    I joined this site as I am want to buy a milling machine for hobby use, and am considering tho option of converting it to CNC in the future.
    I know nothing about CNC machines so have joined this site to learn what is involved, and decide which would be the right machine to buy.
    I also want to determine what can be achieved with a DIY CNC machine, and at what cost.

During the day, I am an Engineer designing automated test equipment.

At home I enjoy my woodwork. I have a mini lathe, and in the process of getting to grips with TIG welding.
    I have build a couple of 3D printers. A Prussa I3 from a kit, which I then used to build a C-BOT corexy printer I use now.

I live is Stafford, UK. I would appreciate any advice and assistance from anyone living locally to me.
    Thanks.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi All I am a hobbyist trying learn about building small 4 axis router system to build small woodworking parts and tie in a 3D printer. Just here to learn as much as I can'

Chuck

Downloads
    Uploads

New Member from Switzerland testing Industrial Mechanic including working on Lathe modifying Hardened Tools.. on the weekends i started to do my own works.
    So i bought a Self Builded CNC from a guy (A professional Machine is now out of question, due to the costs) programming with Mach3,Solidcam and Drawings on Solidworks.

im looking to get ideas from this forum..

Downloads
    Uploads

Just a programming engineer now. Try to learn something new here.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello everyone, I'm a sales from HSG Laser, hope to learn more here.
    and if you are interested in our machines, maybe we can have a talk!

Downloads
    Uploads

I am thinking about building some custom bumpers and currently assembling my first CNC plasma cutter. This is just a hobby for me.

Page 409 of 418 FirstFirst ... 309359399406407408409410411412 ... LastLast