Welcome thread-tell us about you. - Page 684

Page 684 of 684 FirstFirst ... 184584634674681682683684
Results 8,197 to 8,206 of 8206

Thread: Welcome thread-tell us about you.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Welcome thread-tell us about you.

Hi,
    I'm new to the CNC router world. No previous experience at all, not even with software. I'm looking to buy a CNC router by January and I wanted advice on my purchase. It will be for a hobby/possible small business. Interested in making signs, small furniture, home decor etc. My budget is going to be around $4,000. I prefer a larger bed size maybe 4x4, and prefer easy as possible software as I am just starting out. Thanks in advance

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi all. New member/old guy here. Looking to start a small business from my home as I'll be 60 soon and my retirement plan basically consists of dropping dead at my current job. I just received my Carbide3D Nomad which is sitting in a box on the living room floor. We are converting the guest room into a small work/office this week and the Nomad is my first machine. Since it is in my living quarters, which I rent and also has to double as an occasional guest room I opted for the Nomad to test the waters. It has a small footprint, seems reasonably quiet and is enclosed. Let's see how it goes.

I joined the forums here to learn what I could and maybe try out some of the test files I see people have posted.

All the best,

Burt

Downloads
    Uploads

Hey there. I am a hobbyist machine engineer looking for additional information, useful threads, some questions to be advised, some things to build/repair/maintain/design.
    Just a little extra curious about cnc machining with all details, components and ideas in general.

Looking forward,

Downloads
    Uploads

New to CNC forum and planning to make a cnc router/milling for acrylic cutting. There are tons of information in the Internet. Really confused on where to start...

And yes, I want to build a platform for 4 foot x 3 foot area. Cutting area would be approximately 45" x 33". I currently get all my acrylic works cut in laser from a laser cutting shop. Wanted to build a cnc router/milling so that I can do at my own wish and time.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi!!!! I found this website looking for DIY plasma tables. Glad I did. This is a hobby for me that I do in my garage on my off days from work. I've built an entire garage gym for myself and son in college. I just like building "stuff" as my wife says. I want a Plasma cutter and I want to build my own table for it, just doing a ton of reading and researching. Just not sure when I will start it, Im suppose to go to Saudi Arabia next year to work, so if that happens It will be put on the back burner for at least 2 years. But I will still read as much as possible and buy what I need little by little.

Thanks

Last edited by Kenny1448; 09-22-2018 at 09:57 AM. Reason: Left out words

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Folks,

he1957 is the ID. Been lurking around for a number of years but have been dormant for a long time. Recently semi-retired and am looking to use my new 1200x2400x250mm table to make stuff for a hobby income. Always found this forum extremely useful in the past when I converted a Sieg Super X3 to CNC but never had much time to use it because my ex Job kept getting in the way. Now for some serious fun!

Cheers,

HarryE.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi all. New member, although not entirely new to the world of CNC machining - I ran a CAD/CAM facility for a university for a few years, and have now moved into the private sector, working for a company as one fo their CNC engineers. I'm also a keen hobbyist, and have a machine collection that I'm rightly smug about - two 3D printers (a Delta-style FDM and a DLP), a 75-*500mm 60W laser cutter, a 3020CNC router, a vinyl cutter, and a lathe and mill that I've just bought the electronics to perform a full CNC conversion on. Expect to see me asking many questions about controller setups and answering anything that I can about what I do know.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Rekd View Post
    I was looking thru the list of users and was shocked to see that 3/5th or more of the members have ZERO posts.

I'd like to say WELCOME to all the new members, and to the old members that haven't posted.

I'd also like to extend an offer for you all to chime in and say hullo, mayhaps tell us what you do, how you're involved in CNC etc. We'd love to hear from you!!

'Rekd
    Welcome

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi all i am new to cnc and have a 3040 with an 800watt spindle and a prt e750 vfd (which i am having problems with)

Downloads
    Uploads

I am the HR Coordinator for Youngquist Brothers Inc in Ft Myers, FL. I am trying to reach out to the CNC machinist community in search of someone looking for a machinist position with a good company.
    We are a well drilling company in Florida specializing in deep injection wells.
    Youngquist Brothers inc. is seeking an experienced machinist.
    Experience programming CNC lathes and mills a must. Experience operating manual lathes, mills, and drill presses also required.
    A candidate can expect to work on various short run projects.
    Our current machine selection consists of:
    Okuma Captain L370MW CNC lathe with OSP-P100 control with bar feeder
    Okuma LH55-N CNC lathe with OSP-E100L control
    Okuma OSP700L CNC lathe
    Mazak vertical traveling column mill VTC-20B with Mazatrol M plus control
    Kuraki KV-2000 CNC vertical machining center mill with a Fanuc series 16-M controller
    Work schedule is Monday-Friday, 7am-4pm with an hour for lunch.
    Health, dental, vision, and life insurance is offered after 90 days.
    Job Type: Full-time
    contact Mike Curry at 239-489-4444 x212

Page 684 of 684 FirstFirst ... 184584634674681682683684