Welcome thread-tell us about you. - Page 417

Page 417 of 418 FirstFirst ... 317367407414415416417418 LastLast
Results 8,321 to 8,340 of 8343

Thread: Welcome thread-tell us about you.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Welcome thread-tell us about you.

Hi there, my name is Robbo from Australia. I used to work in the manufacturing sector as a CAD operator along with performing typical workshop duties. Prior to that I studied mechatronics. I've been out of the engineering workforce for at least ten years now, however I still have much interest in science and technology. In spare time I have been casually 3D printing for about seven years. I'm fairly quiet and laid-back however my wife and I have a newborn baby who keeps us on our toes these days.

Im looking at picking up one of those CNC3018 pro machines to do some light milling and engraving and thought I would have a look around here to see what people get up to. I'll likely ask a couple questions as I get started but otherwise I promise not to be a leach. Looking forward to learning about you all and what you do

Downloads
    Uploads

Ken here ...originally from the US now residing the past 14 yrs in Australia.
    I have a Bodor BCL0605MU within my shop for small projects, and a little extra money on the side.
    definitely like the DIY side of things, but not scared to ask for help either.

more of a tinkerer than a master of anything :-)

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello All, I've been in CNC as a hobbyist for over 30 years. I'm an eye surgeon by profession, but enjoy woodworking and metal- working as hobbies. CNC has been dormant for about 20 years while I ran a winery, vineyard and tasting room, and made some good wine. But we sold that recently so I'm getting back into CNC. Bought a small 3D printer recently and find that intriguing, but have a lot of details to learn. Also have a CNC wood router, a small mill and lathe. That should keep me busy a while. I enjoy cnczone and the community. Thanks. Jim

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello everyone, my name is Jeff and I'm mostly new to the world of CNC materials processing. I say "mostly new" because I don't have any machining capabilities of my own yet, but I'm in the process of [finally] putting together my first DIY CNC, which I started eons ago. When I began work on that system back in the day, I signed up here at CNCZone, but have only visited occasionally. I do have some experience in manual operations using Bridgeport mills, turret lathes and other machine shop equipment, but that was a long time ago as well. (If I still had access to that machinery, my CNC would have been up & running for years.)

For the majority of my career though, I've worked with component-level electronics (think transistors & ICs), but have relatively recently gone in a different direction, into the world of CAD draftsman. I still do electronic design work here at home, mostly as a hobby for my own enjoyment.

Other hobbies of mine include outdoor activities (camping, hiking, etc.) and enjoying various types of music (mostly by listening, but sometimes paticipating in various capacities).

I look forward to interacting with the CNCZone community & making a positive contribution in any way I can.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Haven’t been on since y’all were CNC Zone. Thank you for letting me reengage under your new organization. I’ll look through the forums for Chinese laser issues I still have. Hope by now I’ll be able to offer some insights back. Thanks.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hey, tried several times to leave a comment but I keep being told it’s a duplicate comment. So, hi.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,
    Just joined up but have been cnc machining for 25+ years in the machine repair industry.
    Recently bought a Sainsmart desktop "router" to play with and all is well and working, using Easel through Inventibles. I already wish to save up for an actual X carve though...lol
    Never had a stepper motor system before but sure would like to have some position feedback so i could use fixtures. Any one having suggestions on this I would love to hear it.
    I'll say nice to meet you all in advance and then we'll see huh?

Hi!
    Since my CNC is on its way, I am waist deep in this topic, I guess i need to present myself to community.
    Ms. Sc. Eng. in Railway automation, working as Industrial Automation Engineer for 6 years, last 3 years as entrepreneur. Lately faced need to be able to manufacture minor parts of machines up to my spec on the fly, so decided to dive straight into CNC bypassing manual machining. That is about it

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi!

My name is Gregor and I am a mechanical engineer and owner of CNC Turning and Milling Services from Slovenia. With my line of work, I'm always searching for ways to save time. What takes up the most time is trying to calculate and assess the costs of manufacturing.
    I was searching for a mobile application that could somehow help me determine and calculate costs based on materials and number of pieces, but I couldn’t find any. That is why I have decided to develop my own application CNC CALCULATOR.
    After a year of hard work, the application is finally available on Google Play and iOS store, where you can download it for FREE. With the help of my application you can calculate weight and length of your final product. With your desired number of pieces, you can calculate
    production costs and time spend producing based on your hourly rate.

I would like to invite you to test the CNC Calculator. All your thoughts, comments and suggestions are more than welcome.

ANDROID: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...zard.app&hl=sl

iOS: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/cnc-ka...r/id1499414384

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello,

New at this forum, I want to tell some words about me...
    As a music teacher I will never step so deep in cnc-engineering like most other members around. Well, I'm owning a Boley&Leinen LZ4SB Lathe, for toolmaking of instrument's repair and building. Actual, I have grilled my HuanYang VFD (I know, they are cheap and not worth to much words...), probably there was a defect in the spindle, and now I'm looking around for some ideas to repair both...
    I found in this forum just some threads to this theme and starting to study the workaround...

Herbert

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello Readers
    Amazing site, I did work on forums.

Click here: https://dictoolsindia.com/broaching-...hing-tools.php

Downloads
    Uploads

Hey, been in the game as a contractor designer/programmer/operator for many years but decided to take the plunge this year (great timing haha) to go out on my own proper. Acquired a MHI VMC and Mori Seiki lathe as I have a thing for MIJ equipped with Fanuc however have done plenty of time on Hass and a Meldas equipped unit.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hey guys, I got to sell my Fanuc Lr Mate 200i because I have no room. Please respond for pricing and info!

Downloads
    Uploads

Hey everyone. I recently picked up a Phoenix-EZ CNC Woodlathe. I got the machine only. The guy selling it knew nothing about it. I have a little background with CNC machinery as I went to college for Mechanical engineering (tool and die). I also worked in a cnc machine shop for a bit after getting my diploma. Yes a diploma as I attended college in Canada. Here in Canada, college is for dummies! Lol. Anyway I now have this wood lathe. I powered it up and everything seems to work ok. I’m willing to spend a little money on getting the cnc part working. I picked up a computer running windows 7 at the moment. I was going to order a parallel port card or USB adapter for it so I can connect the computer to the machine. I’m kinda lost here though. If anyone can help point me in the right direction, that would be greatly appreciated. I did post in one of the threads but it was very old (2007 2008) and I never received any response. If all else fails, I guess I could make a tool rest for it and just use it manually.

Downloads
    Uploads

hello there. been a long time reader, i built(converted) my first CNC 10 years ago. i then proceeded to build a 48X48 laser cutter.
    i am working on a plasma cutter build for a friend of mine, i count in using it to build a 36X36 cnc router.

i did not enjoy the metal cnc machining, i have too much of an ADHD problem to wait that long. the laser cutting really suits my fancy; its quick work and quick results. from concept to finished project within an hour.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello all, I'm a newbie to CNC, just getting my feet wet with a CNC plasma build.
    I'm a wood and metal worker so I wanted to add CNC cutting capabilities to my hobby shop.
    Currently struggling with getting Fusion 360 and GRBL to work together.

NICE JOB VERY NICE

Groundhog I pray you can get people smiling. It is surely what we need. Congrats on your retiring. I have not gotten into laser as of yet. But i do have a small CNC router. Just starting to get back into it. Retiring is on my mind. I currently program robots. I am now looking forward to programming my CNC Router. But having a hard time choosing Cam Software. Any Suggestions?

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi everyone. A complete Newbee. Just been given a tabletop cnc from Santa so looking for cad software that will write my gcode etc. I'll apologise now if I ask some stupid questions etc but still learning

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi
    a total novice compared to some of the rubbish i read on here....lol
    40 years industry experienced eleectronic electrical machine builder auto spark mechanical pneumatic hydraulic steam and vehichle techy.
    love technical things just completely built back up from the dead a 3040t with laser guide led lighting 500watt brushless and custom controller using a NCB02 box.

not good on gcode but learning fast.

plenty of back ground to fall back on
    reitred and crippled so its one of the hobbies im getting into to try and keep me sane.

Page 417 of 418 FirstFirst ... 317367407414415416417418 LastLast