Welcome thread-tell us about you. - Page 415

Page 415 of 418 FirstFirst ... 315365405412413414415416417418 LastLast
Results 8,281 to 8,300 of 8343

Thread: Welcome thread-tell us about you.

Hey, I'm new here.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

My name is Bruce from South Africa.
    I'm a retired attorney and CNC hobbyist.
    I've built a multi-purpose CNC machine. Running LinuxCNC.
    QCad, dff2gcode and mill2plasma (for plasma cutting)
    My machine is capable of plasma cutting, milling, plotting, foam cutting, laser, percussion engraving and wood routing.
    I'm using a cheap Chinese bob with with stepper motors.
    I use roller chain - I know that this has a "bad rap" but I find it works very well.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Welcome thread-tell us about you.

Hello Im new as of this week
    Im in NC of the Great USA
    Owned a medium size shop for 25+ years sold out to a great company and
    now managing the business for them
    Ran CNC lathes since they first came out with tape readers and then went to
    computerized controls......
    Have experience in all machining
    Im 60 years old and love life
    Wake up every morning and thank my Lord for giving me another day to do what
    i enjoy......
    Love to fish , hunt , and camp Just love all of life.....
    NC Fat Boy

Downloads
    Uploads

I am ricky, working as analyst.
    You can visit my blog Why travel is important

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi, I'm Alex and a new member of your community.
    Grew up in Hessen, Laubach, Germany. In March 2017 i joined the military and started my Army Nurse Corps career or ANC as a clinical assistant nurse position, At the Büchel Air Base, Büchel, Germany.

Downloads
    Uploads

hello,
    am a cnc newbie hoping to gain a lot and also help out, i work for Arialaba(https://arialaba.com) and am hoping to meet great people here.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,
    I am an old / young user of a cnc machine. I use it exclusively to create pcb. After a few years I decided to replace the electronics with a USB card, so I am looking for information.
    Thanks

Hi.
    After building my 3d printer, i'm now going to build my CNC

I'm trying start from a trashed microbiology automate. (the small one here: https://novaprep.co.uk/automated-instruments/)
    It's very well build, the fixed Y gantry is heavy. The X axis is too weak, I will make a movable bed.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi everyone, I am new to CNC, but every day I grow in this area. Glad to join the forum!

Hey Rekd,

I am new to this forum, and I don't know where to start. Then I saw your post. I am also working in a forging company, and I would like to post a thread on open die forged parts for the aerospace industry.
    https://www.patriotforge.com/markets-served/aerospace/
    Now I know where to start. Thanks for the inspiration

Downloads
    Uploads

I am new here and working hard to see that i improve my cnc machining.

Thank you for welcoming us.

i have seen a challenge of cutting on the rotary axis and would like to know how this can be done...

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm an electronic tinkerer and have recently purchased both an inexpensive (China) CNC 3018 milling machine and a 3D printer. Neither has yet to arrive. The CNC machine should be here by Friday (5/15), so I'm excited about that. However, the 3D printer is another story altogether. 3 years ago I backed a Kickstarter campaign for a 3D printer with lots of bells and whistles. It has yet to arrive, but the campaign owner says, "Hang in there. It's close to shipping," At this point, I'm not sure if it will ever show up!

Anyway, so I'll be a newbie with the CNC and I'm sure I'll have lot's of questions as my learning curve improves. Since I mostly build electronic, and the enclosures, I'm very interested in milling the front and rear panels for requiste openings, and etching for labels. Enter, the entry-level 3018. While I wait for its arrival, I've been reading a lot about them (in general), the software, but more importantly their milling capability with various material. I have no illusions that the 3018 will produce professional results, but do hope I will be able to cut through 3-10mm of aluminum stock. How long that will take has yet to be learned/experienced. I believe my requirement will tax the motor/spindle on the 3018 and may not even make it - depending upon usage.

So, I've already started looking at upgrading the spindle, but have questions about the voltage, watts, shaft diameter, etc of a new motor. Here's where I'm looking for suggestions and perhaps some expectation leveling, on just what I can expect to do with this CNC machine - out of the box, and whether it would be a good idea to upgrade the spindle at some future time. Any and all suggestions are welcome.

My son, is also excited about having a CNC machine in the house, and has already planned a laser module upgrade as well! The fun never ends.

Rick

Downloads
    Uploads

hi everyone my names Traian and new here, i dont know if right forum to discus my new project and first
    i intended to build a double column surface grinder with gantry movement and idea was to use nema 34 stepper motor with planetary gearbox cnc mach3 controller with hand wheel but dont know if i can do with this system x axis to move automate no other axis any suggestion any idea ? thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello all,

I am brand new to the CNC world. My business is looking into producing custom name plates (approx 1"x3") that we can attached to furniture, frames, etc. I may use the machine to produce other things in the future, however, name plates is the direction we're going.

I hope to learn a lot from the knowledge in the forum.

Last edited by thetaxguy; 06-04-2020 at 05:14 PM. Reason: Update information

Downloads
    Uploads

This begins my journey of retiring from Fed and State service and making sawdust full time. This weekend, new garage shelves to organize my trash. 12 month goal is to have a 4'x8' router/laser combo so I can build furniture, art, and gadgets.

Why CNC? Although I am pretty handy, I have yet to find tools that I can employ with the accuracy and detail to match my imagination. I am not ham-fisted, but I have never had any precision tools. So, I might as well spend some money and enjoy technology. The world is falling apart with COVID-19, Riots, domestic and international political drama and I just want to smell sweet sawdust and make people smile with custom crafts/heirlooms.

Downloads
    Uploads

Talking Re: Welcome thread-tell us about you.

Hi!

I'm starting a CNC retrofitting
    it's a french 1990's cnc machine made by Charlyrobot mainly for educationnal market.

I haven't got the proprietary software communicating via RS232 main card : so I'm using LinuxCNC to drive the 3 drivers via parallel port.

https://www.usinages.com/threads/res...ot-1990.95900/

Please forgive my language problems as I'm not an english native speaker ! :-)
    yours
    Mat from South of France

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Welcome thread-tell us about you.-cnc-philm12-5-jpg   Welcome thread-tell us about you.-cnc-vue-de-haut-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm a newbie, live in Northern California and I am looking to make a CNC machine. My interest is to make train car bodies, so I don't need lots of horsepower, just good detail accuracy.

Downloads
    Uploads

well, I am a lomg time wanna be machinist, need lots of help. I have done much in woodwork but no metalwork. Just learned to weld, now time to learn how to machine. I hope to have as much fun as it looks.

Downloads
    Uploads

Grant from just east of Toronto. The Durham Region. Retired but busy.
    I have been hand carving signs for a few years as a hobby and will be purchasing a CNC in the near future.
    Not for commercial use but to continue my pastime. I will sell some to offset the cost of the machine and software but I'm not interested in running a business.
    My plan is have the machine do the outline and clearing and I then finish by hand with chisel. Some projects are eight feet long and I paint the final product also.
    I have no idea what software I"ll eventually use but am leaning towards VcarvePro. I can see the machine doing all the work in the future and me chiseling less LOL.

I will be posting very little as is my nature but have read much so far.
    Thanks for looking.

My last sign for a local business.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Welcome thread-tell us about you.-img_20190514_135742_234-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Red face Re: Welcome thread-tell us about you.

Hii all,

My name is Sushmita I m basically a software developer.
    I joined this community to discuss jobs related information.
    Recently we have launched a website that helps the user to find information about any company globally.

https://www.getcompanydetails.com

Page 415 of 418 FirstFirst ... 315365405412413414415416417418 LastLast