help with machine

Thread: help with machine

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default help with machine

Hi all
    Just joined and looking for advice, I have no experience of cnc machines or their construction bar trawling the web and youtube for a couple of days now!

I make and shape soft wood (cricket bats), always the same size and looking for a machine that can take up some of the workload. Dimensions of the wood pieces are 560x110x60mm approx so need a router to accomodate that and nothing more.

I have no electronics experience so wondering what the cost would be to get someone to build and programme a machine designed for this job. Would be a great help, reluctant to dive in for a few thousand with a manufacturers until tested the water and from the small amount I have read there may be no need.

Any feedback or thoughts (or offers!) would be really appreciated.

Tom

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Tom
    Sounds like a job for a profile copy of some type, like the ones used in the making of turbine veins in plains!.
    bigpea

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Bigpea

Thanks for the message, but don't understand a word of it! Any ideas if I had all the parts to hand what the build time would be to contract an experience builder to make it work?

Really at this point looking for advice on costings and whether people are available with the necessary skills/experience to build it.
    Tom

Downloads
    Uploads

In this economy I think your money would be better spent buying a used CNC router. I doubt a cricket bat would require anything special to manufacture. Check out some CNC routers at work on you tube and see what you think.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Smile CnC Router

How have you got on?

I am an ex service engineer, recently promoted to General Manager Of Emach International Ltd, EMACH CNC Machinery, Plasma, Routers, Engravers and Machining Centres

I also offer advice if you need any, by the sounds of it a small 4 x 4 ft machine will do you good,

Servo driven are more costly but more precise, as you will be probably hand finishing the product, a stepper driven machine is by far more cheaper, with a tolerance of 0.1mm

Ex Emach Service Engineer, contact me for assistance.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Wombilly
    Thank you for your message. I think the same, 0.1mm is plenty accurate. I have been looking at companies like strikeout and routout with a view to getting a basic low budget cnc and seeing how we go. Have you any thoughts on where to concentrate search and how much I should be looking at?

Downloads
    Uploads

Good Post and New ideas for Business .. Lots of countries who are fond of crickets even in streets ..

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by tom burbridge View Post
    Hi all
    Just joined and looking for advice, I have no experience of cnc machines or their construction bar trawling the web and youtube for a couple of days now!

I make and shape soft wood (cricket bats), always the same size and looking for a machine that can take up some of the workload. Dimensions of the wood pieces are 560x110x60mm approx so need a router to accomodate that and nothing more.

I have no electronics experience so wondering what the cost would be to get someone to build and programme a machine designed for this job. Would be a great help, reluctant to dive in for a few thousand with a manufacturers until tested the water and from the small amount I have read there may be no need.

Any feedback or thoughts (or offers!) would be really appreciated.

Tom
    Hi Tom

We have laser cutting machine,it is very easy operating,and cheap,acturally there are many home offices buy this machine from us.we will provide manual and CD for customers to work it.So don't warry ,you can operate it.You can visite our websit:http://www.sunylaser.com.If you are intresting,pls join my MSN or SKYPE,or send e-mail to me,than we can talk in details.
    my MSN:dgsunylaser@hotmail.com SKYPE:ava33449
    E-mail:ava@sunylaser.com

Hi!I am Ava from China,a professional manufacturer of producing laser cutter and engraver,If anyone need this machine,pls contact me freely!!:banana: