Downloads
    Uploads

Way cool!

Glad you got it to work.

Art
    AKA Country Bubba (Older Than Dirt)

Downloads
    Uploads

QUESTION: How do you destroy a BRAND NEW $200 MT4 extended point live centre in less than 30 sceonds????

ANSWER: G71 and not enough chuck clamping pressure.

Yes it's all fun and games till someone destroy's a live centre! Ha!!!
    What happened was the force from the tool cutting, plus the pressure from the tailstock, pushed the material back through the jaws of the chuck and therefore changed the position of the live centre. The next time the tool came back for the next cut, the tool hit the live centre point and stopped it from spinning. The material in the chuck was still spinning so it skidded on the stationary live centre point and weldd it to the job. The insert in the tool holder decided to get out of town as well.

All in all I trashed the live centre and shattered an WNMG insert. Won't be doing that again!!! Called Hare and Forbes yesterday and the new live centre arrived today. on special too I migh add. Now I can at least finish the job I was doing.

Actually here is a question for you all. What do you guy's and Gal's do to ensure the correct chuck and tail stock force?

Chich

Last edited by chich2; 11-09-2010 at 08:14 AM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Chich2,

I haven't looked in for a while, and I'm very impressed to see it up and running!

Well done. Nice to see a big project like yours going along so well.

Watching that video, I see that things happen very fast, so I guess understanding the potential for faster more spectacular crashes is just part of the learning curve.

Is there any current limiting on the tailstock feed?

Regards
    Ray

Downloads
    Uploads

Ray,
    Thanks Mate! Yes there are 2 limit switches inside the tailstock that you can set. In this instance though I had the tool SO close to the live center that the job only had to move a little for the tool to touch the center.

I think in the future, I may atack a small diameter near the live centre point a little differently. The first part of the job is to face and center drill the end of the bar. This is of course done without much bar protruding from the chuck. But what I might do in the future is also machine the end of the bar down close to the finish diameter but for only a few millimeters allong the bar. This way, when I pull the bar out of the chuck later to preform the rest of the diameter turning, there is more room for error.

OR
    Use soft jaws and machine a shoulder in the jaws for the bar to push up against. If I had Soft jaws.

OR
    I could just make sure I have the chuck pressure right. Which is what I finished up doing when the new live center arrived. Then I set the machine to single block and made sure the tool lined up with the end of the bar before letting it X move in for the next cut.
    Worked a treat.

Chich

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Chich-
    Hey! Glad that your Femco is doing well. We love to hear about your machine and enjoy pictures, videos and parts from the machines we sell!
    Keep me posted when you can!
    Natasha Haas
    Machinery Exchange, Inc
    20933 Plummer Street
    Chatsworth, C. 91311
    Phone (818) 718-6734
    Fax (818) 700-1467
    Member MDNA since 2006

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello Sir,

I like to know about the removal of turret from femco turret lathe.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello krish62003,
    I don't know about how to do it. I haven't needed to do any work on the turret.
    I have some drawings in the owners manual that show cross section of the turrett. Do you have drawings?

Chich

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

i dant have the dawing.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default FANUC OT-C button cover.

This is a little update on how the lathe has been going. The Lathe has been going very well over the last few months. So far I have had some production runs of over 30 and some large 1 off jobs. It's nice to have a 7.5Kw spindle at hand. All without any problems.

I have a question for those FANUC experts of you. Does anyone have a part number for the little jelly strip that covers the buttons on the bottom of the OT-C screen?
    Here's a picture.

Chich.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FEMCO Durga 25-E-p1080024-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default FANUC OT-C button cover.

Hi Chich , I will sell you the one I have for $900 , the menbrane switch, also includes the monitor spindle drive , power supply , servo drives , cpu , memory card control card mother coard etc , good for femco 25e back up spares

Please let me know if you are intersted
    Regards Peter

Downloads
    Uploads

Hey Peter,
    Sounds like a very nice deal. Replying to your PM as we speak.

Chich

Downloads
    Uploads

Default re femco parts

Hi Chich
    Hope allis ok , just checking to see if you recieved the pictures and if you are still intersted in the Femco parts
    regards peter

Downloads
    Uploads

Hey Peter,
    Sory for the slow reply. I have been away for some time and hope to verify the numbers on my controll boards in the next few days when I arrive hometo the machine. Yes I did recieve your photo's and thank you for sending them. Can you please PM me the exact FANUC numbers off each board so I can verify with my FANUC expert their suitability with my machine. He did mention to me that if the numbers were slightly different that I would probably not benifit purchasing them.

Thank you for your time,
    Chich

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Chris
    No Problems . just let me know if they are the same boards
    regards Peter

Downloads
    Uploads

Default another Video

Hello Zoners,
    Its been a while since I have posted so here's a little video of a job I did.

Chich

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Chich
    thats great , you have now inspired me to finish off my upgrade for the Femco , I have interfaced a 4 axis GSK controller which includes a C axis, its been shelved for a while as I am completeing the waterjet cutter plus Rofin Laser .
    still have all the boards for the femco if you are interested , they are same as your femco boards , will be putting on ebay
    all the best peter

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: FEMCO Durga 25-E

Hello everyone!!!!!
    Once again, it's been a while since I've posted on this thread. The main reason is because of my next project. I've been restoring a Yoshida machining centre! Here is the link:

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/vertic...45532-cnc.html

Hope you all enjoy.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by peterklos View Post
    Hi Chich
    thats great , you have now inspired me to finish off my upgrade for the Femco , I have interfaced a 4 axis GSK controller which includes a C axis, its been shelved for a while as I am completeing the waterjet cutter plus Rofin Laser .
    still have all the boards for the femco if you are interested , they are same as your femco boards , will be putting on ebay
    all the best peter
    Do you still have the boards. Jim San Jose CA USA

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi jimp,
    No he doesent BUT I know who purchased them and im pretty sure they are not being used. What do you need?

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk 2

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

[QUOTE=chich2;1638076]Hi jimp,
    No he doesent BUT I know who purchased them and im pretty sure they are not being used. What do you need?

Yes, I have a Femco 25E that has very troublesome. Although it is running I can not control any of the feed rates ?!?! And no errors ?!?!

Troubleshooting says it must be the CPU board. If I could buy all of the spares listed above for a price similar to what is listed above I
    would be better prepare to tackle my current problem and possibly some future ones.

I am in San Jose Ca.

Jim

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast