Need Help! rotary broaching swiss

Thread: rotary broaching swiss

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default rotary broaching swiss

ive used a roatary broach in the past on swiss machines without timing....i have also used the broach with timing/ clocking.....the problem is, i dont remember how to set the o-ring fixture for the broach. i remember we engaged at C0. (and spindle stopped) then we turned on the spindle, and broached to full depth, at the bottom of the hole, we indexed back to C0., so the broach would essentially retract back at the same clocking position. i

i need help on setting up the o-ring fixture. i know we made some kind of aluminum holder/adapter.

thanks

sancho949@msn.com

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by elsanch View Post
    ive used a roatary broach in the past on swiss machines without timing....i have also used the broach with timing/ clocking.....the problem is, i dont remember how to set the o-ring fixture for the broach. i remember we engaged at C0. (and spindle stopped) then we turned on the spindle, and broached to full depth, at the bottom of the hole, we indexed back to C0., so the broach would essentially retract back at the same clocking position. i

i need help on setting up the o-ring fixture. i know we made some kind of aluminum holder/adapter.

thanks

sancho949@msn.com
    What machine model and control are you working with??

Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default rotary broach

im currently working on a star sv-32 (turret), with a slater rotary broach, Fanuc control 18i.

i can handle the programming, it's just that i don't remember how we assembled the o-ring and the broach so it would create tension and not spin so freely after retracting.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Star CNC broaching

I'm not sure exactly what you're asking. Are you using the broach without a tool holder? Sorry for the late post but I am curious to know how you resolved the problem. BTW - this video is not the greatest quality but it shows a Slater 0600 broach holder in a 32 Star CNC machine at the 2009 WESTEC show.

"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ewk9sZQSVk"]YouTube - WESTEC 2009 Star CNC 32 and Slater Broaching Tool

Last edited by peter@slater; 04-08-2009 at 02:00 PM. Reason: bad you tube url

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Rotary Broaching 'Clocking' Solution in Swiss CNC Machines

I understand this is an old topic, however it does not appear to have been resolved with any form of relevant information.

"Clocking" a rotary broach in a Swiss machine is relatively easy, it just requires some mild craftiness on your part in configuring the broaching holder setup and programming. Contact me directly in a private message if you want to know how, I'll be happy to share the trade secret.

For additional infor on rotary broaching in Swiss Machines, this is a great resource:

Rotary Broaching Technical Information, Broaching Trouble Shooting and Speeds and Feeds Data
    Rotary Broaching 101 - How to Perform Rotary Broaching in Metalworking Machines

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: rotary broaching swiss

We have an alignment brake attachment for our tool holders that allow you to orientate/clock the broach and maintain the same position for each hole that is broached. Very simple to use: https://www.polygonsolutions.com/rot...oaching-brake/

If you need more info please feel free to reach out to me.