Need Help! Steady Rest for CNC Lathe

Thread: Steady Rest for CNC Lathe

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Steady Rest for CNC Lathe

I have an older Victor 1860 DCL cnc lathe and am wanting to add a steady rest to it. The ways are 10"

What information do I need to make sure I purchase the correct one for that machine or are they universal?

Thank you

Darrell Ross

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by darrellx View Post
    I have an older Victor 1860 DCL cnc lathe and am wanting to add a steady rest to it. The ways are 10"

What information do I need to make sure I purchase the correct one for that machine or are they universal?

Thank you

Darrell Ross
    I don't think they are universal, but can you fit a traveling steady, rather than bolt onto the slideway ? There may be ready drilled position on the cross slide you can use. Note. I just looked at Victor's website and the machine specifications don't mention a steady, maybe best to email them.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Steady Rest for CNC Lathe

Thanks for the reply. I did email them and was told that they have discontinued their rest. I emailed them back asking if they could recommend one and they did not reply.