Need Help! need help to achieve flange facing for 0.8mm gas kit sealing

Thread: need help to achieve flange facing for 0.8mm gas kit sealing

Downloads
    Uploads

Default need help to achieve flange facing for 0.8mm gas kit sealing

hello experts

I am facing an issue with flange machining to achieve a surface finish for gas kit sealing .what is the science behind the machining of flange facing for gas kit sealing?..please advice..

regards

asif

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: need help to achieve flange facing for 0.8mm gas kit sealing

I am facing an issue
    hy what issue are you facing ?

we are merely at the start of " Internet of Things / Industrial Revolution 4.0 " era : a mix of AI, plastics, human estrangement, powerful non-state actors ...

Downloads
    Uploads

dear, please check the jpeg.

this is a sheet metal fabricated intake manifold. the body is made from a 1.2mm sheet drawing process and the flange is 8 mm thick, which is done by the blanking process. After the sheet metal process has been completed the body and flange will be joined by the MIG welding process. the problem I am facing after welding is leakage from the welding area and also under the flange. there is also some distortion on the flange after welding which is not more than 0.5mm from a different area of the flange. looking for some advice about this process issue. how to maintain the flange flatness after welding or do I need to have a machine cut on the flange face after welding? if yes then which machining process and cutting layout do I have to adopt?

regards asif

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails need help to achieve flange facing for 0.8mm gas kit sealing-intake-flangeweld-issue-png  

Downloads
    Uploads

hy you need a pressure test for weld sealing, and final flatness inspection, then decide based on results

such sealing normaly require gaskets, and assemble does not include welding

however, sometimes, there is used welding only for seal, without gaskets, but this is advanced process, that has inspection equipment which goes among each unit of wealding, because a leackeage could be critical

if possible, search for someone near your area, to advise you directly ... a bit of caution is required with your aproach

if i may, where does it go ? thus maybe you can compromise it without worry

Last edited by deadlykitten; 10-12-2022 at 06:25 AM.
    we are merely at the start of " Internet of Things / Industrial Revolution 4.0 " era : a mix of AI, plastics, human estrangement, powerful non-state actors ...