Compressed air lubricator bubbling noise

Thread: Compressed air lubricator bubbling noise

Downloads
    Uploads

Question Compressed air lubricator bubbling noise

I have a Dynabrade filter/regulator/lubricator combo on my compressed air line going to my power draw bar. The power draw bar doesn't use much air. Even when no air is being used, the oiler makes a bubbling sound. The bowl's o-ring seems to be in good condition. I have the bowl very tight. Is this bubbling normal? I attached a video, there's not much to see, but you can hear the bubbling noise.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Files Attached Files
    "You can't teach stuff in a school that you would learn in real life unless the real life people are in charge of the school." - Gene Sherman

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Compressed air lubricator bubbling noise

Do you know what the viscosity of your oil is? For the Dynabrade FRLs, the viscosity has to be 102 or lower. I would recommend looking at the brand you are using and pulling up their SDS to see what the viscosity is. That sounds like it may be what is going on.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Compressed air lubricator bubbling noise

Quote Originally Posted by scott216 View Post
    I have a Dynabrade filter/regulator/lubricator combo on my compressed air line going to my power draw bar. The power draw bar doesn't use much air. Even when no air is being used, the oiler makes a bubbling sound. The bowl's o-ring seems to be in good condition. I have the bowl very tight. Is this bubbling normal? I attached a video, there's not much to see, but you can hear the bubbling noise.
    You have a small Air leak somewhere in the delivery system

Mactec54