Need Help! can possible convert cnc to Native Hand Engraving?

Thread: can possible convert cnc to Native Hand Engraving?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default can possible convert cnc to Native Hand Engraving?

In my cnc machine is 1.5kw 24000rpm spindle X=100MM Y=200mm Z=80MM Fully aluminum Frame.
    Engraving metal with 0.1mm, 0.2mm , 0.5mm 30 Degree Engraving Bit using. its good.
    but i like Native Hand Engraving .

can possible convert cnc do this work like this?

i think....
    XYZ with A Axis Enough.
    its possible , but how can do?
    which software process G Code like this?
    thanks.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: can possible convert cnc to Native Hand Engraving?

I suppose you could build a machine that could emulate hand engraving. You'd need to make a holder for a graver that would rotate according to the direction of the lines it was cutting; a rotary axis parallel to Z could do that, probably using a rotary table with a planetary gear where the spindle normally is mounted. You'd need specialized CAM software, though, that could analyze each letter or line you want to cut and command the rotary axis to keep the graver perpendicular to it while tracing the letter in X and Y and changing the height in Z to control the depth of cut and line thickness. It's possible that software like that exists, although I've never heard of it. If not, maybe you could find someone to write it for you.

[FONT=Verdana]Andrew Werby[/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.computersculpture.com/"]Website[/URL]

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: can possible convert cnc to Native Hand Engraving?

Quote Originally Posted by awerby View Post
    I suppose you could build a machine that could emulate hand engraving. You'd need to make a holder for a graver that would rotate according to the direction of the lines it was cutting; a rotary axis parallel to Z could do that, probably using a rotary table with a planetary gear where the spindle normally is mounted. You'd need specialized CAM software, though, that could analyze each letter or line you want to cut and command the rotary axis to keep the graver perpendicular to it while tracing the letter in X and Y and changing the height in Z to control the depth of cut and line thickness. It's possible that software like that exists, although I've never heard of it. If not, maybe you could find someone to write it for you.
    Thanks for Answer.

but i am still waiting for software solution.