A2-6 165 mm diameter large bore power chuck = White Wolf search ?

Thread: A2-6 165 mm diameter large bore power chuck = White Wolf search ?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default A2-6 165 mm diameter large bore power chuck = White Wolf search ?

Hi,

I have a HAAS SL10 lathe with the "big bore" option (52mm bore) hence it has an A2-6 spindle , it is currently fitted with a E185 collet chuck, works fine for bar work, but every now and then I do need to do some chuck work, thing is this lathe has a 12 position tool turret and if I put the standard 8" power chuck I get all sorts of tool interference issues which means I need to rearrange my tool to only use 1 out of 2 tool position... rather a dumb design if you ask me...

So the "easy solution" would be to fit a 165 mm (6.5" max) diameter power chuck with a large bore (50mm) but that can be mounted on a A2-6 sindle (ie mounting bolts on a 5.25" circle), I've looked around but all the chucks in this size are made to go on a A2-5 spindle (mounting bolts on a 4.125" circle...), so the questionis does this even exist except as a made to order ?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: A2-6 165 mm diameter large bore power chuck = White Wolf search ?

hy sg70, consider a kitagawa bb206 + ordering or crafting a custom plate

we are merely at the start of " Internet of Things / Industrial Revolution 4.0 " era : a mix of AI, plastics, human estrangement, powerful non-state actors ...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

LOL You're spot on, I just "scored" a brand new Kitagawa BB206 on ebay with an A2-6 to A2-5 adapter for about 1100 £... can't wait for it to arrive so I can mount it on the lathe !

Downloads
    Uploads

i am glad i started looking into big bores chuck, since we started mass production of small parts on a 10" chuck

so i have seen that plates have standard thickness, or increased thickness ... maybe you wish to investigate this those aspects do not always reach the documentation for clients, but for cnc dealers

more precise, same chuck, on different machines, with same spindle nose, has different thickness

this thickness will matter if you wish for increased specs in some cases, +5 .. +7 mm will mean a difference

kindly !

one more thing : on the B series chucks ( not the BB, like yours ) you may replace the base master jaws, so to get a QB chuck : this will transform you normal chuck into a "quick change jaws" type, and the changing duration is really short, when comparing to similar products

if you need to this function, speack with kitagawa, and maybe they will deliver you a custom set of such jaws, for your BB

here :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=uL0Ad3fEYi0

we are merely at the start of " Internet of Things / Industrial Revolution 4.0 " era : a mix of AI, plastics, human estrangement, powerful non-state actors ...